Thread: LIVE from CSA

Default LIVE from CSA

We got home Saturday afternoon and have been having a GREAT time as usual. Some things the same or better ..... some not so great.

The good .... Our OVS has been updated with new paint, etc and looks great. Wasn't sure about them painting the concrete side tables by the bed, but they make the room look a little sharper and cleaner. New or very well cleaned cushions on the decks. Looks a lot better than some of the moldy ones in the past.

The not so good ..... Occupancy is low right now. Maybe only 30 or so people on the beach at any given time. A lot less sometimes. With that being the case Patois Patio is now "requiring" reservations for dinner. They will still let you in if available though. Also, the request slip for drinks in the mini bar.... No liquor until you chose what you want and checking off things that you want or don't want in the fridge is definitely not guaranteed.

The good .... The staff is still wonderful and always trying to help you with whatever you need.

More updates later.... Time for sunset pics and dinner !!
    Proud palapa hoarder since 2007 !!!

Default missing it already

We are jealous. You arrived the same day we had to leave. Make sure to tell Teno that Jason and Amanda we said hello. He sang at our wedding last week and we have some great pics. Would like to know how to get them to him. Tell Horatio at sunset beach bar that I am ready to guest bar tend again. And tell Ultimate Chocolate that Neil Diamond says hello. Sing Sweet Caroline for us! Wanting and already saving to go back.

Thanks Jason

Thanks for the live update. I just love to read them. It makes me feel a little closer to "home". Hope you have a wonderful time. We are counting the days until our return in January. If you see Christopher at Scuba, Kurt at the main Bar, or Cean at Feathers, tell them Nancy and Gaston say hello and miss them. Enjoy.

Default More updates....

OK for all you folks that are worried about palapas ...... there are more this year than in the past. I count 15 or 16 total. Yes you need to get one by 8-8:30 but as they say, you snooze you lose .....

Food at restaurants is great as usual but have been disappointed by the menu at Patois not changing. Maybe tomorrow .... I need some shrimp & preshuto (yeah I know it's not spelled correctly) pizza.

Internet is really spotty and wonky. It was actually much better next year. WiFi seem to be only available in the lobby. I can get a wifi signal in various places but am unable to get online except in the lobby. NO WiFi at all in the computer room .... go figure ...

No worries, Mon ..... Would not miss it for the world !!!! Already counting down the days until next year !!!

Thanks markandjannett! We'll be there (our first trip) Sept 11th. Waiting for your posts!
    Betsy & Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by markandjannett View Post
    ... It was actually much better next year...
    "If only I knew now what I didn't know then"....

Quote Originally Posted by dirtleg View Post
    "If only I knew now what I didn't know then"....
    Might have had one to many Red Stripes before I got online .... How about "last year" LOL !!

the wifi went down went down when we were there last April. one mention to the front desk and it was up and running again in no time.

Randy

Default Another update

Still having a great time but wish we had more than one day left !!!

Had a great time on the catamaran ride last night. In case you hadn't heard, life vests are now mandatory if you get off the boat. Had a great trip up the coast and back and a 30 minute stop at Pirates Cave for some swimming.

Food is wonderful as always at all restaurants but service seems to have slacked off a bit from the past. It's not bad but there have been several meals where we didn't get items we ordered or were forgotten about.

Overall it has still been a great trip and will return again next year, and the next, and so on ...