Default Dinner Preference @ CSS????

Any suggestions? I know we have prefences @ CTI and CSA, but wanted a little input from CSS repeaters. Any input is appreciated.

George & Shari

You have four choices for dinner @ CSS plus you can always opt for a private dinner @ $170, including a bottle of Couples Private Label wine - Love Potion 4 Two - or $150 without.

The choices are:

Restaurant Casanova: This is the gourmet dress up restaurant @ CSS and is most guests 1st choice for dinner. It also only servces dinner

Pappalinzo (sp): This is the main restaurant @ CSS it serves breakfast and lunch buffets and and sitdown dinner

Bella Vista: This is the beachfront restaurant right on the beach. You can actually sit on the beach. It serves a limited but excellant menu for dinner. It might be the most romantic restaurant @ CSS
    It also doubles at the beach grill for lunch and late nigh food

You aslo have in room dining/room service from 6 AM to aa PM. CSS is the only Couples resort that has full room service. The other couples resorts have room service for continental breakfast only, except for CN where in the suites there is dinner room service

Default Casanova, anyone?

Casanova (the fancier of the three restaurants) is our favorite. If you happen to be there when they have the bisque. Our second favorite is probably the Bella Vista (beach grill) because the atmosphere of eating right on the beach is something to really savor.

All of the restaurants are quite good, so you can't go wrong. Definitely try to eat at all three if you have the time.

Palazzina first
    Then the beach grill
    then room service
    then going hungry
    then maybe Casanova...not that the food isn't good, it's just to pretentious for me

Well, I have to say our first visit to CSS, we were not able to squeeze in dinner at Casanova & Palazzina. Ended up going w/ Casanova & knew it was the perfect choice!

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Our favorite is definitely Casanova. I've had a few different lamb options that have been absolutely out of this world.

On our last trip, we never did get around to eating at Bella Vista, but we had many friends who raved about it.

The changes at Palazzina were a bit of a disappointment to us last year. It used to be French and had some really outstanding dishes (the escargot and a voul-a-vent appetizer comes to mind). Last year, I had a chicken dish that was unmemorable, and they ran out of the only dessert that looked appealing. I'm very willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and chalk that up to an anomaly (and I don't hold the dessert against them - that was just plain bad luck); however, with only one "restaurant night" left last year, we decided to go back to Casanova for the lamb.

Love Casanova. Chef Nelson creations are wonderful, Giftson would always be able to time the next serving perfectly, combined with wonderful background piano tunes in the background. You cant go wrong.

Default nebraskafunseekers

Cassanova is the fanciest one & very good. The lamb & the beef tenderlion are absolutely delicious! The Palazzina is excellent also...buffets for breakfast & lunch. They have great selections for evening meals also. Just remember to plan your evening meals around the Starlight Gala night (Friday), because you will definitely want to eat at the gala party & also the Beach Buffet is Wed. We had our fancy meal at the Casanova Sat.night, because it was my birthday & we ate at the Palazzina Sun. night. The Beach grill is another great option & it transforms into the Bella Vista at night. In room service was very tasty also. You won't go hungry at CSS!!!!
    Corine

Default Lobster Night

Yes Cassanova is great. I would definitely chose it for Lobster Night since they do a great presentation. Loved the fact that this year you could dine outside overlooking the pool. Just beautiful!!!

All the food at all the restaurants is fantastic but you can't beat the atmosphere of Bella Vista on the beach and no reservations required! Get there early and get a table almost on the sand very near the waters edge OMG it's to die for!!!
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

Cassanova was our favorite. We never made it to the Bella Vista for dinner, although the lunches are wonderful there.

Bella Vista is my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Shari and James View Post
    All the food at all the restaurants is fantastic but you can't beat the atmosphere of Bella Vista on the beach and no reservations required! Get there early and get a table almost on the sand very near the waters edge OMG it's to die for!!!
    We definitely agree - Bella Vista, just a few feet from the ocean, is our favorite too

When is lobster night?

Lobster night is Wednesday.
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by cigarmanpa View Post
    Palazzina first
    Then the beach grill
    then room service
    then going hungry
    then maybe Casanova...not that the food isn't good, it's just to pretentious for me
    We were at CSS from Jan27 - Feb 3 2011 and ate ate Pallazina the majority of the time. We tried Cassanova and like cigarmanpa we could not stand how pretentious it was. The view was not near as good and it was the only one with prices for wine. I am sure lots would like the venue but as a young couple we found the patrons at Pallazina to be much friendlier and a much larger variety of food with the salad bar being there.

Over all though, the staff at all the venues were outstanding and always there with a smile and willing to help you with anything.

Chris_and_Julie

Quote Originally Posted by cigarmanpa View Post
    Palazzina first
    Then the beach grill
    then room service
    then going hungry
    We were at CSS from Jan27 - Feb 3 2011 and ate ate Pallazina the majority of the time. We tried Cassanova and like cigarmanpa we could not stand how pretentious it was. The view was not near as good and it was the only one with prices for wine. I am sure lots would like the venue but as a young couple we found the patrons at Pallazina to be much friendlier and a much larger variety of food with the salad bar being there.

Over all though, the staff at all the venues were outstanding and always there with a smile and willing to help you with anything.

Chris_and_Julie

All the food was good at CSS. We ate all of our breakfasts and lunches at Palazzina and the food was good. The dinners at Casa Nova, especially the lamb and the ceviches, were WOW.

I didn't sense any pretentiousness at all, but we're from NY, so maybe we're desensitized to it (LOL).

The finest dining was at the repeaters dinner - if you're repeating, don't miss it. it's on Thursdays.

You really can't go wrong at any of the restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_and_Julie View Post

Chris_and_Julie
    my wife and i were talking and we're going to try eating outside there next time and see if that makes a difference. things I didn't like at casa, the overly dim lighting, the lack of a view, the fact that the bread wasn't left at the table...hey I like bread...and the piano playing modern music. not saying there's anything wrong with that if you're into it but i'm not

I think we ate 3 times at the Bella Vista, and would argue that even as their "low end " restaurant, it was better than anything I have eaten here at home. Casanova was nice, but we are not that inot getting dressed up for dinner.

We like Cassanova, Pallazina and Bella Vista but really ENJOY the in room dining. After being in the sun all day and then coming in to take a shower, we didn't feel like getting ready and were zapped so we picked up the phone and glad we did. The Shrimp Caesar Salad is AWESOME and we ate it in our robes on the balcony in Paradise. Very Nice!