Default Types of Bikinis

Hi, this is our first trip down south and I wanted to be adventurous since everyone is so snobby and you have to have the perfect body where I live. I was wondering if anyone has seen people with smaller bikinis and thong bikinis. The hotel said any bathing suit is fine but I just wanted to know if this was common.

I asked the same thing a few months ago!! The answer I got was "No worries mon"! So I'm packing thongs, brazil cut and regular bikinis. I am 46 yrs young and letting it all hang out for my husband! I say, go for whatever you want!

Any and all manner of swimwear can be seen being worn by ALL types of bodies and NOBODY CARES. Irie Mon.. Which resort are you going to?
    ARE WE THERE YET??

Pretty common to see thongs, scrunchy butt, Brazilian cut, mesh, you name it. Be skimp and enjoy yourself.

You will see all kinds of swim wear. You will see all shapes and sizes. I am plus size and never felt like anyone was judging me in my choice of swim wear. I dont think anyone even cares cause we are all there with the person we love. Wear what ever you want what ever you feel comfortabale in.

What, you think the resort is not telling you the truth? Wear what you want and depending on where you go, wear nothing at all! CSS, CN and CTI have nude sun bathing areas where you can skip and go naked. Just go and have fun. Don't worry, be happy!

Thong and topless it is OK anywhere on the entire beach and also saves room on packing

Important rule for going to Couples: Dress for yourself and your spouse...don't even think about what others will think. Believe me, they won't be thinking about you!

The only exception is to please obey the fine dining restaurant dress codes. Respect.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

didn't think i would see this topic. just bought my wife a yellow thong suit that is slightly sheer when wet. i had thought that the island was clothing optional, but today i found out otherwise, nothing at all! well, i guess she can wear it over on the boat!
    I like Bearso's response, skip and go naked. Just go and have fun. Don't worry, be happy!
    With this being our 1st time at a c/o, it will take getting used to.

A thong bikini, even if it gets sheer when wet, is still a bikini. It's not being nude. She can wear it.

Clap... there is no clothing optional areas at any Couples resorts.

It's complete nudity at CN's nude sunbathing area, and the same at CSS's Sunset Beach and also at CTI's Island.

At CSA, CN and CSS topless is allowed on the main beach (only on the pier at CTI)

Just wanted to clarify for you.

there's always been "bikini models" on any beach I've gone to - I never let it stop me from wearing a bathing suit. I can't be what I was 30 yrs ago so I am what I am - besides, I'm there with my husband, and it's only his opinion that really counts. I'm sure everyone will be way to absorbed in their own piece of paradise to even notice what I'm wearing lol

wear what you will be comfortable in or you'll drive yourself crazy - personally I'd suggest going a little out of your comfort zone You'll prolly never see any of these folks again, so what the heck.

a dark coloured one piece or tankini is extremely flattering and looks great with a colourful wrap or cover-up

Thanks everyone. I am going to have lots of fun being daring with my suits! And I am going to CTI by the way.

I found that something magical happens at Couples and you always end up looking great, no matter what you wear (or don't wear).

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2931 View Post
    Hi, this is our first trip down south and I wanted to be adventurous since everyone is so snobby and you have to have the perfect body where I live. I was wondering if anyone has seen people with smaller bikinis and thong bikinis. The hotel said any bathing suit is fine but I just wanted to know if this was common.
    ....You're apt to see pretty much anything. Go with what you dare!