Thread: Hurricanes

Default Hurricanes

Firstly, we are Heading to CSA for the first time around the 23rd of this month, 23 days!!! (We Can't wait!)
    There is a lot of talk up here in MA about the hurricanes lining up and we are watching the news coverage of Earl going through the Caribbean. How is it there and will the weather be a nightmare because of the hurricanes?

The "H" things (we do not like to use that word on here!) is no where near Jamaica... Fiona will stay well east of the island as well.... no worries mon!

Your biggest worry, depending how far inland a storm tracks, might be getting off the ground here in the states..Think positive thoughts.nah,nah,nah,nah,,nah,nah,nah.. and it'll be alright
    ARE WE THERE YET??

We are headed to CTI Sept. 11th and I am watching the National Hurricane central website closely. Earl and Fiona won't affect Jamaica at all, but a new Tropical Depression 9 is in the mid atlantic, and I am watching it closely. Right behind it is another tropical wave. I am banking on these following the same paths as Danielle, Earl, and Fiona, but won't know the path through the Carribean for about a week. This vaca is our first in 10 years without kids! We are SUPER excited and are praying the H stay far away!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jamabound View Post
    We are headed to CTI Sept. 11th and I am watching the National Hurricane central website closely. Earl and Fiona won't affect Jamaica at all, but a new Tropical Depression 9 is in the mid atlantic, and I am watching it closely. Right behind it is another tropical wave. I am banking on these following the same paths as Danielle, Earl, and Fiona, but won't know the path through the Carribean for about a week. This vaca is our first in 10 years without kids! We are SUPER excited and are praying the H stay far away!!!!
    Hey Jama my wife and I and our crew aptly name Ivan Islanders will be arriving on the 10th!! Hope to so you at CTI...

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by scottnkim View Post
    Hey Jama my wife and I and our crew aptly name Ivan Islanders will be arriving on the 10th!! Hope to so you at CTI...

Scott
    I have been wondering about the name "Ivan Islanders".... would that be from hurricaine Ivan? Were you there at that time? I am curious how often hurricaines actually affect Jamaica... or how bad!
    Just my nervousness about our vaca!
    Can't wait to get there! See you then!!

Default Keeping fingers crossed...

We're hoping that anything that develops between now and the 10th (when we leave) will follow in the paths of Earl and Fiona. Here's to stress free travel!

ImByrne- Oddly enough, it looks like you're going to have to worry about the hurricane up your way instead of hitting Jamaica.

I will be there with Scott and Kim! Can't wait to see you! No bad weather will come our way!!!

We leave for CSA Sunday... I'm eyeballing these things too! GO AWAY GASTON!!!! If y'all see some crazy person on the news hanging sideways on a palm tree because she refused to leave, its me

I have been wondering about the name "Ivan Islanders".... would that be from hurricaine Ivan? Were you there at that time? I am curious how often hurricaines actually affect Jamaica... or how bad!
    Just my nervousness about our vaca!
    Can't wait to get there! See you then!!
    Yes we were there for Ivan... the hurricane actually never hit the island and came closer to smashing into Negril. The last hurricane to hit the island was back in the 80's with Hugo... just relax it will be fine...

Lol...I'm glad some can keep the humor. We are supposed to arrive CSA on the 20th on our honeymoon and I'm getting very nervous. Just like everyone else, we have planned way ahead, and have waited anxiously. Hopefully Gaston will be gone by then and turn north not to bother anyone elses vacation, but who knows what's behind him! Lets keep prayer for an invisable shell around Jamaica!

Quote Originally Posted by StephRN View Post
    We leave for CSA Sunday... I'm eyeballing these things too! GO AWAY GASTON!!!! If y'all see some crazy person on the news hanging sideways on a palm tree because she refused to leave, its me
    I'll be right there with you!

We leave for CSA on Sunday too! See you at the Couples Lounge, Steph. I've been keeping a close eye on Gaston and my fingers crossed.