Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Romance Rewards Changes? Randy?

Randy;
    I reveived an email yesterday from Couples all about Romance Rewards. It doesn't look like anything has changed. Did I miss something? Are there going to be any changes to the program?

Marnie

Marnies and all:

The eblast you received was simply a schedule one to reinforce our Romance Rewards program. We have several subscription lists, but not one that strictly separates out Romance Rewards members.

To your question, YES, there will be a couple of changes to the Passionate Love level - as soon as the automation is worked out.

Rather than the one category upgrade that is seldom available and issuing a $100 check for Passionate Love members staying at least 7 nights, we will be adding $200 resort credit to your account for your next stay.

That is, you stay 7 nights this time and next time you have $200 to spend at the resort.

We anticipate a January 1 launch, however, I will let everyone know if there is an earlier date.

Couples Resorts

Randy:

Will changes be effective based on dates of travel or date of booking? In other words, assuming a January 1 launch, if a 2011 trip is booked in 2010, which rules will apply; the rules as they currently stand or as they will be on January 1? Thanks for the update and Couples' generosity.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Default Romance rewards

Hi Randy
    So according to what you are saying about the changes to the program when we come to couples in January we will lose out on some of our rewards for that trip. We have been at the passionate level for 3 years and come twice a year. This does not seem right for existing couples at the passionate level.

Neil

I agree. We are planning our 4th trip back to CN in 2011. We are at the Passionate level as well and this does not sound fair to me either.

HI Randy;
    Just to be a pain in the patoot, how would this work for our trip in January? We are at CSA for 1 week and then CSS for one week. I booked everything seperately so our hotels are individual bookings. Would we have the 200 from CSA to use at CSS?

I'm concerned about the changes, too - so the next time all of the Passionate level members return, they'll get nothing upon check in? That seems kind of unfair. Also, I liked that there wasn't a baseline stay length for rewards before - we will likely never be able to stay 7 nights again (and only have been able to do that once so far). Our trips are generally 5 nights, which, it sounds like, disqualifies us from participating in any aspect of the program except trading places and the repeater's dinner. Again, kind of unfair after 6 visits...

Hi Randy,
    We are also at the passionate level for 3yrs. and I have a question and suggestion. According to the new change, the passionate level will get the reward the next visit to Couples, where as the other levels get the reward the same visit. We all appreciate the rewards and great value Couples provides to it's guest, but I feel if you are going to have a program the rewards should be the same visit. I agree with the post above, seems if we have to wait till the next visit, we are being skip in 2011.
    Thanks,
    Steve

Same here, We are booked for Dec 2011 and are at the passionate level, I'm expecting the credit on THAT booking. Doesn't quite seem fair to penalize us by removing the perk that we were assured at the time of booking. How else are we to know what we are going to get if the perks available at time of booking are subject to removal before we get to use them?

totally agree with above. Have been on romance rewards since it started and it now seems as those on the top tier are being penalised. Why can't people leave things alone and not keep changing them? or is it because those on the top tier are deemed to be getting too much? also apart from the spa where are you going to spend 200 dollers on resort?
    Regards
    Dave

ElaineChick, the current $100 check is for 7 day's or longer so you won't be losing anything if you normally only stay for 5 days. Maybe you've been one of the lucky ones to get a free upgrade but many of us have not. When you consider many of us stay 10 -14 days each time an receive the same as people who only stay 3 -4 at a time, I think it's fair and don't feel like I'm being cheated. We must remember these are perks and that many other Resorts do not give anything. It happens every time the rewards change, there's an outpouring of complaints. I'm surprised Randy bothers to change anything anymore.

Default $200.00 credit

The $100 check on departure was always based on a 7 day stay and we still get all of the other Passionate rewards on arrival, how is this unfair? (although, we would like the credit for the current visit!)

Randymon, could you please define the entire benefit for the passionate love level under the new program..

Randy

Default We are in agreement as well.....

I agree with previous posters - like all other rewards levels - one should get the reward of the level they are at... at the time of the visit. Couples is penalizing their most loyal of guests....

We will be coming for our 4th visit in October and this will put us into the passionate level which we are very excited about.

Randymon - I hope the powers that be will rethink the "next visit" caviat????

Greetings Randy. Like many others we too are concerned about the proposed changes. The Passionate Level members are perhaps those that are Most Passionate about Couples. In our opinion perhaps the Young Love should be restructured in order to create Loyality . NOT the Passionate Level as we are the ones who Will return over and over and over again. Restructuring in this manner seems like putting a Pin in the Baloon of your MOST LOYAL GUEST . Perhaps the Drawing Board needs to be brought out again.Speaking for myself I feel as if the baloon has been busted for the loyalist of guest. Any Reward one recieves naturally is greatly appreciated but should not be postponed .Again may we suggest you take a look at Young Love instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch and Yvonne View Post
    . . . . perhaps the Young Love should be restructured in order to create [loyalty] . . . . Again may we suggest you take a look at Young Love instead.
    It's not about restructuring to create loyalty. People have complained that one of the perks--the free upgrade--is never available, and the issuance of the check has been an issue for others. They're simply trying to come up with a replacement perk that will be easier to implement. I agree that it seems inappropriate for Couples to delay part of the perk until the next stay (why not simply give resort credit for the current stay), but since none of the perks offered to guests at the Young Love level seem to be an issue, there isn't a problem to fix there.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

ElaineChick, the current $100 check is for 7 day's or longer so you won't be losing anything if you normally only stay for 5 days. Maybe you've been one of the lucky ones to get a free upgrade but many of us have not. When you consider many of us stay 10 -14 days each time an receive the same as people who only stay 3 -4 at a time, I think it's fair and don't feel like I'm being cheated. We must remember these are perks and that many other Resorts do not give anything. It happens every time the rewards change, there's an outpouring of complaints. I'm surprised Randy bothers to change anything anymore.
    We've never received an upgrade either. I personally don't think it's fair that guests who've achieved a certain level are denied benefits. I guess to each his own, but we feel slighted by this change.

Default Hang on....

I've looked the page over twice and I can't see where Randymon has even responded to the questions and complaints yet ..... Unless I'm missing something, we don't even know the detail of the changes, let alone the fine print of who, what, when, where,how ...
    Proud palapa hoarder since 2007 !!!

We have been visiting a couples resort every year for the past 10 years,always for 14 nights or more. We will definitely lose out.We also lose out with our$100 credit in UK due to exchange rates

The first battle will be to see if this even gets approved...

Next, let me just stop all who want to say I "don't understand" since I haven't been to Couple's yet. My first argument against that is it's the same principle as with any rewards program be it a hotel, a store, whatever and plenty of them change their policy over time. The second arguement I have is that we stayed at the same resort in Montego Bay 14 times before switching this year to Couple's.

I don't know why I feel so defensive of a resort I haven't even visited yet but I have finally decided to speak up. I have been reading this message board for well over a year...perhaps nearly two now. It has been helpful in many ways, I was initially trying to decide between another resort and Couple's and the board definitely contributed to my choice. However, a trend I notice is that everytime a change is made people whine. Seriously, it's whining. To reword what gets said...don't pick ME, pick someone else. It's not fair. sniff.

Businesses do this kind of thing all the time, stop taking it personally. It seems to me they are always attempting to make it better. Change is always hard but step back and look at it and try to see the improvement. Or at least try to see that you are still getting SOMETHING. A lot of places give you NOTHING.

I honestly hope I don't have to encounter this attitude from guests when I'm staying at the resort. "I've been here XX times so I deserve..."

Let the bashing begin, I'm sure you will all feel entitled.

Randy, maybe all of us are misunderstanding your post but it seems somewhat unfair the the Passionate Level people will need to wait for their perk the next time they book (following year). It seems by doing it this way Couples wants a guarantee that people will book the following year to get the credit. Passionate Level people always book the following year myself included as I'm booked for next year already. Plus for the people that have already booked for next year with the perks included do we now not get them? If you want to implement a new program the people that have already booked should be excluded from it.
    Dianavr

Well ain't this a can of worms.

About as much fun as those repeaters that haven't been back in 4 or 5 years and don't get squat. You might have been to Couples 6 or 7 times but have to start all over again if your last visit was before whatever that cut off date was in 07 or so.

There's always someone that's going to be unhappy no matter what you do.

Randymon,
    I have to say I'm not too happy with this change either. I have already booked Jan and April 2011 back in June to get the $500 resort credit for each stay. I did this expecting the Romance Rewards for the Pasionate level to be the same. If the RR were as changed as you have suggested I would not have booked the April trip 10 months ahead of time. Not getting the RR in Jan as I expected is not making me feel the "Passion" towards Couples. I really don't want a $700 ($500 early booking + $200 RR) resort credit plus a $75 Gift shop credit (I'm assuming that is still part ot the RR'S) in April. I can't spend that much money on the resort nor do I want to spend my days in the spa trying to use up a resort credit. If you are not willing/able to continue with the check on departure, which was to replace the Timair flights back to Montego Bay, then at least allow us to use the credit to cover some other "out of pocket expense" such as a credit towards the price of our next stay. As you probably already know, this is what the other large AI chain does for it's loyal guests after a certin number of stays.

I also suggest if you are making changes to the RR's it should only apply to new bookings after the date the change is official.

Randymon, please remember, we are your MOST loyal guests.
    Respectfully,
    Karon

Some of you will not like this post but I can’t help myself. I’m shocked to see devoted repeat guests getting bent out of shape and using words like “unfair” and “penalized” with respect to a minor change in perks. The repeaters benefits are a bonus, not an entitlement.

The upgrade is a non-issue since it was never available anyway. No loss there. And Couples has replaced a $100 check with a $200 credit. How is this unfair? Sounds like a great deal to me, since all us Passionate Level repeaters are likely to be going again. And regarding the “this visit – next visit” debate, a $100 check on my way out the door doesn’t do anything for me on this visit anyway, so in either case the benefit is after your current stay.

C’mon people, this change is far better than most of what is going on in the travel industry these days. Look at the economy, look at the unemployment, look at what’s happened to airline costs and benefits. I have no quarrel with anyone saying they prefer the old rewards to the new ones. But to say it’s unfair or a penalty is off base in my opinion. To paraphrase the old Chrysler commercial, “if you can find a better deal, book it!”

Randymon, I fully understand the cash-flow implications of a $100 check to so many repeat guests, and think a $200 credit is more than comparable. I continue to love the product, and think you’ve managed through the recession quite well. It’s why I’m booked to return.

Hi Randy;

I really hope you aren't pulling your hair out or walking around with a constant frown over this! I didn't mean to start a hoo-haw! In the past, Couples hasn't done anything without a lot of thought and consideration We love the Romance Rewards Programme and are confident that any changes made will be just fine.

Hugs,
    Marnie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast