Hybrid View

Default Travel options from UK

Can someone plz help me? We have friends who live in UK and are trying to book another trip to CN. They say the price has gone up a lot and was wondering how the other UK couples have recently been booking...Any suggestions for them to look at? We are looking to meet up at CN August 1-8, 2011. Thank you for any responses! xoxo Erin
    Erin N Steve (always Erin)

Yes, the prices have increased a lot in the UK - mainly because of the 's poor exchange rate and ever increasing taxes on flying. I have already booked for a CN/CSS split trip next year and had to do a lot of homework to achieve a reasonable price. If you email me at sj_h@live.com I will let you have my check list.

Stuart

Try Kenwood travel London Phone 0207 749 9220 .Found they were cheaper than Virgin whomwe usually use.

Someone we know is traveling to the States and going on to Jamaica with their US freinds. The Couples trip and flights were booked with the US freinds travel agent.

Another vote for Kenwood Travel.

Initial price similar to Virgin Holidays, but room upgrades much much cheaper. (They also did us a fab deal on upgrading our flights to UC @ )

We're boooked fro the UK for October....having checked all the options firs thing to say is that booking flight and hotel separately alsways worked out MORE expensive.

Of the travel agents always try Virgin (especially if you have a flying club number) or theholidayplace, having said that the cost difference is quite small. Couples is just relatively more expensive this year

We found Virgin the cheapest for our trip in March 2011 booked through Thomas Cook. I took the price from Thomas Cook and went to Thompson who also do Couples holidays and they were willing to beat the original price from Thomas Cook, I then went back to Thomas Cook with that price and they lowered theirs again so shop around and haggle. It saved us heaps

Yes, definately Kenwood Travel are the cheapest at the moment - but always shop around as prices do vary throughout the year.

Mike

We booked with Virgin for March next year, exactly a year to the day before we were going. Since then prices have increased massively which does not bode well for the future. We also got 1,400 off of the price courtesy of Tesco's Clubcard deal where we exchanged 350.00 to get the price reduced. The price for the package was about 200 more than the online price so it was a still a really good deal.
    Regards Dave and Chell

Quote Originally Posted by daveandchell View Post
    We booked with Virgin for March next year, exactly a year to the day before we were going. Since then prices have increased massively which does not bode well for the future. We also got 1,400 off of the price courtesy of Tesco's Clubcard deal where we exchanged 350.00 to get the price reduced. The price for the package was about 200 more than the online price so it was a still a really good deal.
    Regards Dave and Chell
    God bless Tesco and their clubcard deals, I have been having laser hair removal!

And on Friday I am off for dinner with a girlfriend and we are both using vouchers from clubcard deals.

I only like to use them where you get four times face value.

We booked with Asda travel online

Booked with Kenwood, Virgin UC a bargain in November.