Default Skype using iPod Touch

I recently got an iPod Touch and have downloaded the Skype app. In no way am I computer literate so I'll ask those of you that know. Can you use Skype on the Ipod Touch to make calls home from Jamaica via Couple's WiFi network and if so, is it free or is there a charge? I don't care if it has the video or not, just the voice is fine. Thanks!

Skype on the iTouch works slick. No charge if calls are Skype to Skype. You will be charged (you have to buy a Skype credit) for calls Skype to landline. In April I made 4 calls from Jamaica to to Canada. It cost me .47 cents total.

Cheers,
    Tom & Erin 22x CSA Veterans
    The Janadians

Don't worry about a thing, 'cuz every little thing is gonna be all right...
    Robert Nesta Marley

What do you use for a mic and head set?
    Irie Mon

The iPod Touch has earbuds with a mic. Be aware that only 32 & 64gb iPod Touches have the the mic, the 8gb model does not. Otherwise the mic works great.

Cheers,
    Tom & Erin 22x CSA Veterans
    The Janadians

Don't worry about a thing, 'cuz every little thing is gonna be all right...
    Robert Nesta Marley

Thanks for your response Tom and Erin. I will try Skype before buying the Just Talk card and try and save a little money. Jon1963 -- I have the newest generation iPod Touch 32gig and it came with a mic on the earphones. Not sure about a headset but I made a call locally and I could hear the other party great.