Default Secret Rendezvous or Vow Renewal? Can't have both :(

So, we are new to Couples and new to AIs. We've cruised a dozen times, but decided to try something new for our 10 year anniversary. We thought we had it all figured out by letting Couples pick our resort using Secret Rendezvous, but found out by the wedding department that we can't have a vow renewal too. So, do we save the money and not do a renewal, or do a renewal and pick a resort. We can't really narrow down the resorts and are overwhelmed at picking just one.

Any thoughts on whether the vow renewal is worth it?????? How to decide!

Personally, I would do the SR. However, we have not done the vow renewal so not sure how much my opinion is worth. We are going to CTI for our 20th anniversary and my 40th birthday (in only 27 days!!!!!! WOOHOO!) We scrimped and saved and are able to do it and we were planning on having our vows renewed. We just can't seem to justify another $200 to do it knowing we really shouldn't spend the extra money (our oldest just left for college and 3 more at home still, all on a cops salary=not enough at the end of each month! LOL). So we are going to do our own little "vow renewal" and have our friends take pictures for us. We did the big wedding 20 years ago, and maybe for our 25th we will be in better shape to do the actual vow renewal ceremony at Couples like we want to. With that being said, personally I would save a litte $$ and do the SR, but that is from someone just trying to get by. Have a wonderful time either way!!!!

I would not do the vow renewal this trip but that is just me. So, go with the SR and let them pick your first Couples location and then when you are hooked, come back again and again and then do the vow renewal maybe on the 15 anni since by then you will have hit all 4 and know which is location you love best....

Quote Originally Posted by Bearso View Post
    I would not do the vow renewal this trip but that is just me. So, go with the SR and let them pick your first Couples location and then when you are hooked, come back again and again and then do the vow renewal maybe on the 15 anni since by then you will have hit all 4 and know which is location you love best....
    I agree!! My husband and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary on the 17th and will be at CTI the 11th through the 18th. We booked the SR. We thought about the vow renewal, but I think we might do that on our 15th, just like Bearso said. We have never been to Couples, but are already in love with it because of this message board. We know we will be back, and would love to go to all 4 and decide on our favorite!

My wife and I celebrated our 25th at CTI this summmer. The way that we look at it, every day is a vow renewal. For some people, the ceremony is important. We are not those people.

I also wanted to have a vow renewal but my husband said we don't have to do the resort vow renewal,we should have our own special vow renewal and he was right. Our whole week at Couples was a fabulous honeymoon renewal.

Quote Originally Posted by 25th@CTI View Post
    The way that we look at it, every day is a vow renewal. For some people, the ceremony is important. We are not those people.
    Ditto. I try to let my wife know every day that I love her and how much she means to me.

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
    Last edited by NeedBlueWater; September 9th, 2010 at 09:08 AM.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.[/QUOTE]

Perfectly said! Every day is a day to express it but when you are at Couples it is even more special and hopefully that is all you need!

I think a wedding renewal is very romantic and a fantastic idea, but I would have to agree with everyone else. Do the SR first and maybe try a few more Couples over the next few years before you decide on which Couples resort is perfect for you to have the renewal. While 10 years is without question a reason for celebration, a renewal at this point may also put too much pressure for future anniversaries. When you reach 20-25 years how would you ever top a renewal at Couples? Just my thought. While at any one of the Couples resorts you will absolutely fall in love all over again with or without a renewal. Congratulations on 10 years and may you have many, many more together.

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
    Thank you NeedBlueWater. I love that phrase.