Default beach buffet vs. gala

We've only been to CSA so far, where there was a beach party but no gala. So now that we're going to CTI and CSS, I am curious about the gala, as there's no mention of them under dining for CTI, and only a brief mention under dining for CSS.

First, CTI - What the difference between the gala and the beach party? Is it just that the beach party has tables on the sand and the gala tables by the pool? Or is the beach party more casual and the gala more formal, as far as attire goes? Both appear to be buffet style, correct? Do they have entertainment like at CSA?
    The repeater's dinner is the same night at the beach party, so I wonder if we'd miss out not going to the beach party, since we could still go to the gala?

Second, CSS - I've seen photos of the gala on the lawn and it appears to be more elegant than a beach party, correct? So is their beach party on the sand and more casual? Again, both are buffet? Do they have entertainment like at CSA?

Oh ya, one more thing... Repeaters dinners at CTI and CSS... Where are they held?

Thanks

The gala at CSS is definitely dressier than the beach party. I wore a nice dress and my husband wore linen slacks a silk camp shirt. Most people were dressed nicer. The buffet for the beach party is Jamaican themed. The gala had a huge assortment of food all of which was fabulous. There are beautiful ice sculpters, chefs doing made to order pasta, carving stations, etc... The beach party is a fun way to tried things like curried goat that you might not otherwise try. I believe the repeaters dinner at CSS is held in a room behind the Palazzina. We didn't go last time since we got married that day and our friends were with. We've been to Negril twice before but this was our first visit to CSS. By the way, it is the most beautiful and romantic place I have ever been to.

Thanks rrallen. They both sound great! The gala sounds a bit like the CSA beach party with the ice sculptures and food stations. I have seen a few pictures of the set up on the lawn and it looks beautiful. The beach party with the Jamaican food sounds yummy too. At least the repeaters night is a different night to both. That's 3 dinners already, plus Cassanova, Pallazina, Bella Vista, and our private dinner for our anniversary and that's 6 nights already, leaving just one repeat or maybe dine in our room. Wow. How can anyone say there aren't lots of dining options?

Can anyone comment on CTI? With the beach party the same night as the repeaters, and the day we arrive (meaning we'll be tired and possibly not feel like getting dressed up) I'm not sure what's best to do?

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicamecrazy View Post
    Can anyone comment on CTI? With the beach party the same night as the repeaters, and the day we arrive (meaning we'll be tired and possibly not feel like getting dressed up) I'm not sure what's best to do?
    My suggestion would be to attend the repeaters dinner, then immediately head over to the beach party afterward, altho you may want to first head back to your room to change into something more beach-oriented. To me, you'll get the best of both worlds. The beach party is actually two phases: it starts with the dining phase and concludes with the entertainment. I thought the food, served buffet style, wasn't all that great and due to the layout and such, the lines were long and not worth the wait (OTOH, the Sat Nite pool party buffet was pretty impressive and seemed to be far better organized).

But the entertainment that followed later was very good, we really enjoyed it. So I think you'll get a much better meal at the repeaters dinner, then just about when that's over, the entertainment should be commencing on the sand.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

The repeaters dinner is at 8 Rivers and is very good... dont miss that for the beach party....

Unless they have changed the Saturday night buufet at CTI since reopening last year it is no longer set up around the pool. It didn't seem as special set up in the undercover resaurant, just my opinion.

Thanks for the great feedback Ron, Scott (or Kim?), and dandj
    We'll definitely do the repeaters dinner in 8 Rivers!(I'm anxious to try that one)... then head over to the beach party. We can sleep earlier on the beach Don't want to miss anything!
    Sat. night will be Jan. 1, so maybe the buffet will be better? ...or maybe they'll move it Dec. 31 and do something sepcial for New Years? Anyway, we'll see.
    But mainly it's good to know the repeaters dinner is better than the beach party dinner. Thanks!

The Starlight Gala at CSS is a much different event than the beach party at CSA. The Gala is elegant with high end dining choices (we even had crab legs). There are twinkling lights everywhere and a stage show afterwards.

The beach party at CSS is a much smaller event than the beach party at CSA. There are only a few food stations, although it is nicely done and fun to eat with your toes in the sand.

The repeaters dinner at CSS is held in a private room located behind Pallazina. It is held on Thursday evening.

Quote Originally Posted by dandj View Post
    Unless they have changed the Saturday night buufet at CTI since reopening last year it is no longer set up around the pool. It didn't seem as special set up in the undercover resaurant, just my opinion.
    Technically you're correct. For the most part, the Gala is held in the Patio. However, there are a number of tables set up around the pool as well, so for those who would like it to be more "poolside", well there you have it.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Quote Originally Posted by BobandJudy View Post
    The Starlight Gala at CSS is a much different event than the beach party at CSA. The Gala is elegant with high end dining choices (we even had crab legs). There are twinkling lights everywhere and a stage show afterwards.
    mmm... crab legs! Sounds great!

You guys are just making me more ansty to get back to Jamaica already!

Definately choose the repeaters dinner. It always is a good time. It gives you an opportunity to meet and mingle with other repeaters that you may have not met yet plus you get to dine with a staff member. That's always fun because you get to see them relaxing for once since they work so darn hard all the time. If your lucky it could be your favorite staff person. The beach party is fun also. It's fun to eat at if you've never done it before and you'll enjoy the entertainment.