Default Reservations @ Patios Patio ?

Hi Randymon, can you please confirm for us what someone posted in a recent review of CSA regarding Patois Patio now requiring reservations for dinner ? I believe they also mentioned that it would also be closed for dinner on Fridays. Besides the beach party, what other dinner service options will guests have available on Fridays at CSA ?
    Last edited by Cubismo; August 25th, 2010 at 10:03 AM.
    nobody's favorite poster

Greetings to all:

It is not unusual during the Fall when occupancies are typically lower than the rest of the year, that we must staff and supply the resort differently. In CSA's case, this MAY involve closing Patois Patio on Fridays and requiring reservations for dinner so that we may be as efficient as possible.

Couples Resorts

Thanks for the clarification, we understand completely.
    nobody's favorite poster

Is there any dates for this? We pretty much eat at patois every other day. Does fall mean sept and oct or aug - Jan?

I was just there (got back on Sunday). We showed up to dinner at Patois without reservations and they told us that they require reservations there now, they still let us dine there however...

So palms is the only non reservation option now?

Yup... well at least that was the case while we were there...

Hopefully this is only during low occupancy during late summer and not during Nov - Apr when the resort is much busier. I am not a fan of Palms, and since you are only allowed one reservation at a time, it would make dinner much more complicated by only having 1 non reservation option.

What we loved to do, was go see all the menus at palms after lunch and pick the place that looked best. That will be shot if patois is reservation only.

Quote Originally Posted by IACouple View Post
    Hopefully this is only during low occupancy during late summer and not during Nov - Apr when the resort is much busier. I am not a fan of Palms, and since you are only allowed one reservation at a time, it would make dinner much more complicated by only having 1 non reservation option.

What we loved to do, was go see all the menus at palms after lunch and pick the place that looked best. That will be shot if patois is reservation only.
    We just got back from CSA on Saturday after 7 great days. Patois is now requiring reservations but as long as there is room they will still let you walk in. Basically they are only using the front section at the entrance. As far as the menu goes, it's basically a crap-shoot. The menu at Palms was not always the same menu that was served that night. We even stopped by by Patios during the day once to check the menu and then it was changed by dinner.
    Proud palapa hoarder since 2007 !!!

I can understand this to some degree but on the other hand I'm not one that likes to stick to a time table even at home, certainly not on vacation. I really don't want to have to make reservations for dinner every night or be left with eating at the same place every night. This is going to be interesting.