Default Penthouse or Beachfront Suite??

We are getting ready to book our trip to CSS in November. It is our 5th visit to Jamaica, but we have never stayed at this resort. I am struggling to decide between booking a Beachfront Suite or a Penthouse Oceanview Suite. Help!!! Suggestions? Pros and cons of each category?? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Default One bedroom ocean view with balcony

I haven't stayed in a penthouse suite, however we did stay in one of the beachfront suites and didn't care for it. It wasn't bad by any means, it is just that we prefer the breathtaking views from the upper part of the resort as well as the spaciousness of the rooms and balconies. The beachfront suites however have Jacuzzis and are closer to everything. We moved to the one bedroom ocean views suites and absolutely loved them! We are going back in two weeks and will be staying in one of those rooms again.

Check out my review and photos on trip advisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...s_Jamaica.html

hope this helps

Beth

You can save yourself having to climb a lot of stairs throughout the week by staying in a Beachfront room but you can't beat the view from a Penthouse. We stayed in a Penthouse in '08 & '09. We had friends that had a Beachfront room so we were able to check it out. A Beachfront room is OK but not as private, especially if you're on the first floor. The sidewalk runs along the front of the rooms. The balconies are rather small too. Most nights the entertainment is on the Patio next to the Balloon Bar which is up the stairs along with Ristorante Casanova so you'll be taking some stairs at some point anyway.
    My wife & I are in our mid 50's and had no problem with the stairs while there. We stayed in E-10 in '08 & D-14 in '09. They cannot honor requests but I would recommend D building if you have a choice. The views from E are just as good but the rooms in D are larger, they have a second bathroom and the balconies are huge. The pictures I posted are from the balcony of D-14. For the relatively small difference in price, a Penthouse is the way to go. Most people will say you don't spend a lot of time in the room so why bother. For the most part, that's true. However, since CSS offers room service, we spent at least one night on both trips having a nice dinner on our beautiful, private balcony with an amazing view of the resort and the beach. Very romantic.
    Last edited by rjammin; February 2nd, 2011 at 06:46 PM.

See "Penthouse at CSS".

I couldn't agree with you more!!!! Great pictures!

Beth