Default Debit card usage

Hello, We are traveling to CTI later on this month and I was wondering if the resort accepts debit cards. I read on the resort FAQ's that they accept major credit cards, but I was just wondering if anybody knew the policy on debit cards.

Thanx

On the resort? If you are buying anything in the gift shop it can go on your room charge and you settle up when you leave. Same with the spa. The vendors like cash.

Went to CSA last year and paid for everything with our visa debit card. Just had to let bank know we were leaving the counrty and when we'd be back.

We used our debit card at CN in May with no problems at all.

Yes, you can use debit cards as long as it's a Visa or Mastercard.. They may accept Discover but I believe Visa and Mastercard are the only two major credit/debit cards accepted at the resort. Make sure you call your credit card company to let them know you are traveling to Jamaica so they do not decline any charges. Our debit card was declined at the airport and the store in the hotel however the atm at the resort was the only way we were able to get money out.. Not a fun experience!

Default Debit Cards

They asked us either for a debit card or a credit card. The only thing that will be put on there is any purchases you make at the gift shop. They will charge them to your room, then when you check out you can either leave it on the card or pay them in cash.