Default Favorite Day to Travel to Couples?

Hi everyone,

Just curious is you have a favorite day to travel to Couples. I can't remember the days we've flown in the past; once the immigration line was WAY long, other two times it was incredibly short. Also wondering if there's a better day for getting a room request, once you're checking in.

Thanks!!
    Kristen

All of the ones that end in Y

IMHO, we try to travel to Couples on Tuesday. I think flights are cheaper middle of the week. We usually try to return on Friday. I stay away from weekends since I think those are the busier times. I'd love to hear other opinions on the "best day" to depart-----I know....there is no good day to leave.

I was just considering this question too.

We typically travel for a week; Saturday to Saturday. Though this is probably the busiest day to try to navigate immigration/customs at MBJ, it works for us. We try to get the earliest possible flight to avoid the crowds. I think it is busier in the afternoon.

Our reasoning for Saturday to Saturday travel is that I can then take a full week off of work as apposed to two, half weeks. It also gives us the Sunday after we return to get settled back at home before being thrust into another work week.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

We usually go Saturday to Saturday. That way we have a day to chill out and get the sand out of our shoes and unpack before work on Monday.

We do the same as NeedBlueWater, basically for the same reasons. I like to have the extra days having 2 weekends included in our vacation gives us. I too need Sunday to get "rested" from the flight and get caught up on other household chores I neglected before I left. So we usually go Saturday to Saturday.
    Linda

We travel on either Tues/Wed as it is less busy on the flight, at the airports and going through immigration. We are fortunate as AJ leaves Philly at 6am now so we are in Montego Bay by 8:30am! Luv it!
    Dorothy & James - Delaware

Anyday of the week is a good day to go to Couples But if you are trying to avoid crowds Tuesday and Wednesday are usally the best.

Default Favorite Day to Travel to Couples?

We usually go from a Saturday to Sunday, 8 nights. Since we lose an entire day traveling home from a glorious week in the sunshine & warmth and in the middle of winter, we add one extra night to our trip. I usually take the following Monday off from work as well to catch up on laundry, get pics developed and reconnect with son & pets. S.O. doesn't have to be at work until 3:30pm the next day, so he's also good with 8 nights/9 days. I hope to start increasing the 8 nights to 9 nights, then 10 nights...I'm sure you get the picture...lol

any day's a good day to be going to Jamaica.

Quote Originally Posted by MnK View Post
    Hi everyone,

Just curious is you have a favorite day to travel to Couples. I can't remember the days we've flown in the past; once the immigration line was WAY long, other two times it was incredibly short. Also wondering if there's a better day for getting a room request, once you're checking in.

Thanks!!
    Kristen
    ....Any day ending in "Y"!!!

We did Saturday to Saturday last time. Upon landing it seemed that every plane just landed as well and everyone was at customs. Getting on the flight to JA was easy and getting on andoff was also easy on the way back. We are doing Monday to Monday on our next trip.

The last trip we flew on Friday and came home the following Saturday. This gave us an extra day at CSA and still gave us the Sunday buffer. We would go the same route again.

Quote Originally Posted by MnK View Post
    Hi everyone,

Thanks!!
    Kristen
    Everyday is a good day to travel to Couples. I'd travel there right now if I could. I guess I'll have to be patient and wait 18 more days

We left CN on Easter Sunday of this year, and the airport was virtually empty!!!...in fact, with the road work that was happening in MoBay, they made us leave on the goodbye bus a bit earlier than normal...I wish we would have signed the "waiver" I hear they have, to ride a later one...we shopped,ate, and waited for what seemed like 2-3 hours AFTER clearing customs at Sangster...that could have been time on Bloody Bay =(
    The sun & the sand & a drink in my hand, with no bottom

We travel in on a Thursday red eye because we like to make it there for lobster night. No problems with long lines either from San Francisco or getting into Jamaica. We have come back on a Sunday and on a Wednesday and I do recommend coming home on a Wednesday as opposed to a Sunday or Saturday.

We're coming in on a Saturday. We have a 2 hour layover in Atlanta. May not be nearly enough.

IF you ask me - ANY day you can return to Couples is the best day to go.

I agree Happytimes42

Default wednesday

On our first trip last February, we arrived on a Wednesday morning and flew through Customs. Our return on a Tuesday was a little busier, but still not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by acranger View Post
    We're coming in on a Saturday. We have a 2 hour layover in Atlanta. May not be nearly enough.
    Acranger:

For our last trip, on the way down, we only had 43 minutes to make our connection in Atlanta on a Saturday morning. We were nervous. Our inbound flight gated at Atlanta's Concourse A; about as far from the international concourse (Concourse E) as possible. That made us more nervous. However, the train (aka APM or Automated People Mover) was very efficient and signs/directions were easy to follow. We made our connection on time but not a whole lot of time to spare. I breathed a sigh of relief as I looked out the window of the plane and saw both of our bags on the tarmac. They made it too even with only 43 minutes to get from one plane to the other. Note that on the way down, there is no "rechecking" of checked bags. Check them in before your first flight and pick them up in Montego Bay.

Or return flight had a two hour layover in Atlanta (mid-afternoon, Saturday). This was plenty of time to get through customs and immigration and get to our gate.

Here is a link to the Atlanta airport website if you want to familiarize yourself with the airport layout.

http://www.atlanta-airport.com/
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

I agree with dandj....anyday is a good day to be travelling to Couples. We are arriving on a Wednesday and leaving on a Saturday (there for 10 glorious days). Looks like we will get to partake in lobster night twice!!! Yay...only 51 days to go.

Any day anymore. Once they redid customs a few years ago, the longest we have ever spent in line is about 20 min. Really nothing worth worrying about.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedBlueWater View Post
    Acranger:

Or return flight had a two hour layover in Atlanta (mid-afternoon, Saturday). This was plenty of time to get through customs and immigration and get to our gate.

Here is a link to the Atlanta airport website if you want to familiarize yourself with the airport layout.

http://www.atlanta-airport.com/
    ....Going south, it's non stop from Memphis. It's the coming back and layover in Atlanta that is the real problem (We had quiet an adventure in Atlanta!). When we went last November, my daughters travel agent only allowed for a 1 hour layover. Our plane was heading down the runway by the time we got through immigrations!!

Today!