Default CSA Room Options!

HELP! My fiance and I are planning a wedding at CSA late OCT. 2010, and need to book within the next week. We have been going over the room options and can't decide which room to book. All of the rooms look great, and we are leaning toward a Beachfront Suite but have also noticed the Beachfront Veranda Suites. We would like to be close to the ocean, but have noticed some complaints about the privacy in these rooms, as well as the BFS being 'dated". Any suggestions on the best room at CSA?

We have stayed in all room categories at CSA and our favorite was the Garden View Suites. You have much more privacy and are still not far from the beach. You can also hear the tree frogs which puts you to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by gummybear110 View Post
    HELP! My fiance and I are planning a wedding at CSA late OCT. 2010, and need to book within the next week. We have been going over the room options and can't decide which room to book. All of the rooms look great, and we are leaning toward a Beachfront Suite but have also noticed the Beachfront Veranda Suites. We would like to be close to the ocean, but have noticed some complaints about the privacy in these rooms, as well as the BFS being 'dated". Any suggestions on the best room at CSA?
    We had a BFVS for our honeymoon and they were perfect...right on the beach. there is privacy yes you can see the veranda/balcony but it's not a huge deal. the BFS's are a bit older but from my understanding they renovated the baths in them and the patios on them are huge. Can't go wrong with either really.
    Erika & Sean

Quote Originally Posted by marnie View Post
    We have stayed in all room categories at CSA and our favorite was the Garden View Suites. You have much more privacy and are still not far from the beach. You can also hear the tree frogs which puts you to sleep.
    Can you give me an estimate on how far from the beach these rooms are located? Thanks in advance!

The rooms each seem wonderful! Does anyone feel that the BF rooms are worth the extra cost? Thanks in advance!

We just stayed in a garden suite, but we didn't mind as it was quite private for sitting on the verandah with a coffee in the mornings or later at night with a drink. That's about the only time it would have been nice to have a view. Otherwise we're out of the room so much it didn't matter to us.
    We walked past the BFS and BFVS all the time along the path. It seemed to me the latter were even closer to the path and the beach. A lot of people love these suites for the closeness to the beach/ocean, and will say that the extra cost is worth it. You do give up a bit of privacy with the path right there, but not so much if you're on the second or third floor.
    I think another nice option is the Ocean View VS. You'll still get the nice view, but set back a little bit so a little more privacy, and they're a bit cheaper of course. I think that's what we'll go for next trip to CSA. But it's your wedding moon, so a splurge might be nice

Congrats on your wedding! We were married at CSA back in 2008. You're going to absolutely LOVE it. It is the PERFECT place to get married

We have stayed in the beachfront verandah suites several times, although we have booked a beachfront suite for January.

Only you can answer if it is worth the money. It is for us. In the BFVS rooms, you are directly on the beach, just steps from the ocean. Not that any room is that far from the beach at CSA. But there is something special about being that close, since many other resorts charge huge amounts of money to put you directly on the beach.

We have never had an issue with privacy on the verandahs, but then again, we are mostly reading or enjoying a cocktail on the verandah. They have the big comfy robes you can wear to lounge around the verandah, too.

Gummybear,
    Congrats on your wedding here in a few months. We just got back from our wedding at the end of August and stayed in an Atrium. Amanda will tell you I could not decide which room to get (i wanted the same type of rooms you are looking at) although the atrium seemed to call to us the most. Just a thought for you, you are not in your room that much (all the rooms have a bed!) and I am glad we did not go with the more expensive rooms and rather allocated that money to do other things. We were maybe thirty steps fro the beach in our atrium. In the end don't stress over the room, just go with your heart.

respect and soon come
    Jason and Amanda Loukota

When have stayed in the Garden suite[honeymoon],BFVS, and GVS.Next April we will be trying the GHVS.The one time we tried the BFVS, we got a second floor one that was obstructed by palms and could hardly see the sea.I won't spend the money again for that.The gvs are about a 2 minute walk to the beach And would not hesitate to book them again.We like to sleep with the verandah doors open at night and I wouldn't do that on a first floor suite of any kind.My point is, BFS and BFVS are right on the sand and if you have first floor, you will have less privacy as there is a walkway in front of those, but the view is great. It depends on how much time you are planning on spending in there.Even on our honeymoon, we didn't spend much time in the suite.Good luck deciding.

The BFS is not dated at all in my opinion. We were just in one in April and the room was awesome. The only problem was the massive amount of noise at all hours of the night. We wanted an Atrium but they were all sold out. We really prefer these rooms over all the others. It's the same as the BFS with a more private and quiet location plus you get a hammock on the porch. Awesome. We are going back to an Atrium in less than a month.

If you enjoy listening to the ocean, viewing the ocean, being just steps from the ocean, then I would say YES!. We've stayed twice in a BF suite and loved every minute. Money is alittle tight this year, so we opted for the Atrium suite now that they have a mini bar included :-), but will miss the full view of the ocean :-(
    Whichever you choose you won't be sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by jasonamanda View Post
    Gummybear,
    Congrats on your wedding here in a few months. We just got back from our wedding at the end of August and stayed in an Atrium. Amanda will tell you I could not decide which room to get (i wanted the same type of rooms you are looking at) although the atrium seemed to call to us the most. Just a thought for you, you are not in your room that much (all the rooms have a bed!) and I am glad we did not go with the more expensive rooms and rather allocated that money to do other things. We were maybe thirty steps fro the beach in our atrium. In the end don't stress over the room, just go with your heart.

respect and soon come
    Jason and Amanda Loukota
    Thank you so much! Also wanted to say I watched your wedding slideshow and it was absolutely wonderful! Congrats to you and your lovely wife!

Thanks gummybear ! You and your soon to be will have a great time. We are jealous with envy. Make sure you post your pics and review when you get back. These are what we look forward to the most and will help keep us sain till we can go back.

Respect and Soon Come
    Jason and Amanda Loukota

If you had an option to choose which room you could have in the GHVS or GHJS which one would it be?

Default Can anyone tell me...

Has anyone stayed in both the beachfront suite and the ocean veranda suite and what are the main differences in the two? Anyone have recommendations for one or the other?

Have not stayed in either but bfs is closest to the sea and a little more rustic.If I had the money, I would try one of these.The ovs are tucked behind the bfvs and are on the newer side of the resort.You may have a little view of the sea.I would say maybe a 2 minute walk to the beach at the most. None of the suites are very far from the beach. It is all good.