Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lobster Daves

Default Lobster Daves

Any one know if it is still open? read alot about it, sounds worth trying!!

I want to know too! I'll be at CSS in Nov. How do I go to Lobster Daves?

Default Me Too

I'm at CSS 4th - 14th Dec, and Lobster Dave's is one place I do not want to miss. So yes... how do you get there?

thansk

Jeffmon was there in July. You might PM him and get the scoop. I know they go every year for their anniversary.

Default Lobster Daves

We were there in July and the lobsters are still as good as ever. A big huge platter for both of us and our driver was about $65. Couldn't ask for better. And love to sit back and watch the fishermen and their boats come in.

Jean & Ron

Yes Lobster Dave's is still open. It is a definite must go. The front desk will arrange a taxi for you that will take you there. We just tell that taxi driver to drop us off at Island Village Shopping Center. They will usually give us their cell phone number so that we can call them if we are ready to leave early. When they drop you off at Island Village, just go to Margaritaville and through to the beach area. Go around the fence on the left and Lobster Dave's is just around the corner behind the fence. There will be locals about and just tell them your going to Dave's and they will be happy to point you to it. I have included a map below to better show how to get there. It's really easy.

Here is a photo of the wall you need to go around at Margarittaville.

We usually allow about three hours to have plenty of time to eat, hang out and do some shopping at Island Village Shopping Center. Here is a couple of more photos and a link to my video on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyH7XksUhsg

Last edited by Jeffmon; September 12th, 2010 at 02:48 PM.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

Here are a few photos from our trip this last July.

Plate of lobster from Lobster Dave's.

Here is a plate of fish to go with our plate of lobster from Lobster Dave's. The fish literally fell of the bone and those onions were very spicy. Look closely and you can see the yellow peppers on the fish. Those are Scotch Bonnet Peppers, otherwise known and Habanero Peppers. Very Hot.

Mandy and I posing with Dave out front of his restaurant.

Jeff, Kimberly, and Mandy at Lobster Dave's. Kimberly is Dave's sister-in-law. She has the best necklaces. I bought one from her three years ago, wear it almost daily and it has held up great. She makes them all herself and will even customize one for you. Want it longer or shorter, just ask. She is really great. We look forward to seeing her every year.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos

Quote Originally Posted by bigwillie View Post
    Jeffmon was there in July. You might PM him and get the scoop. I know they go every year for their anniversary.
    You guys need to go with us next year. We will be going on Thursday, July 7th, 2011.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos

Is it possible/a good idea to take the bus to margaritaville, walk to lobster daves, and get back in time for the bus home?

What bus are you referring to? If you mean the Margaritaville trip with Couples, that is at night and I wouldn't suggest going to Lobster Dave's at night. For one Dave is not there and the fish market area tends to get a bit more seedy at night. I hear that it is really dark over there at night. For safety reasons, I would only suggest going during the day.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos

ok thanks. sounds like good advice! we'll look for a couple to share a cab with instead!

Quote Originally Posted by coffeekitty View Post
    ok thanks. sounds like good advice! we'll look for a couple to share a cab with instead!
    Enjoy, I know you will. You should see our photos on the photo wall Dave has there. We always bring one back from the previous year that he puts up on the wall.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos

We've taken the shopping trip bus to the Island "mall" and walked to Lobster Dave's a couple of years ago... may do the same this November but might get a cab for the return. The 2 hours they give you to shop is not nearly enough time for an outting at Lobster Dave's!

I'm so excited to try this place next month... What is the price range for a dinner for 2??

Tracy, are you going to CTI or CSS? We'll be at CSS mid-month (November 11 through 19), and we'd love to go with another couple and share a cab back (or possible there, as well, since I think it's a crapshoot which "village" the shopping trip goes to.

We are staying at CSS - Nov 13 - 20. Not too sure what day we are planning on going... would love to share a cab ride - it really is the coolest place!

we will be at CSS 4th - 14th December if anyone is up for sharing a taxi there, would be good to go with another couple or few rather than on our own.

thanks

Jeffmon thank you so much for pictures and all the info fourth trip to css and would love to make a visit to lobster daves this trip again thank you!!!!

Will Lobster Daves still have Lobster during the off season?

Quote Originally Posted by BigdogLips View Post
    Jeffmon thank you so much for pictures and all the info fourth trip to css and would love to make a visit to lobster daves this trip again thank you!!!!
    You are very welcome. We just love this place and the people. I'm sure you will love it too.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos

coffeekitty, my new hubby and i will be there the same time as you (well, Nov 7-13 for us) and would love to share a cab if you're interested! i've seen you over on weddingbee as well

how much lobster do you get and how much does it cost per person?

Default Lobster Daves

Hi! We will be at CSS November 21-28 and would like to check out Lobster Dave's. If anyone is interested in sharing a taxicab, let us know. Irie!

has anybody gone to lobster dave's recently? Whats the average cost for a meal for two. I am going CSS in 15 days and I know lobster season is over, does anybody know what else they will be serving now that lobster is off the menu?

Quote Originally Posted by marguline View Post
    has anybody gone to lobster dave's recently? Whats the average cost for a meal for two. I am going CSS in 15 days and I know lobster season is over, does anybody know what else they will be serving now that lobster is off the menu?
    He will likely serve you fish. I think we had some Snapper last July (with our lobster too). See the photos I posted earlier in the thread.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos

Jeffmon,
    Thank you for posting such wonderful pictures!!!! I'm so excited for our 3rd trip back to CSS and I want to make Lobster Dave's a part of our next trip. We will be there in July, unfortunately we will miss you and Mandy, for my 50th birthday from July 20-28. Please post an update when you and Mandy return from CSS to let us know how great Lobster Dave's was!

CSS soon come!
    suzyQ (Suzzette)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast