Default How to help locals?

Greetings all,

I've read a few asides in posts here and there about bringing children's books and school supplies for the local children. My fiance and I are honeymooning at CTI 10/24-30 and would love to do this (I direct a literacy nonprofit and have a regular supply of donated books and supplies and would gladly take as many as the airline will let me).

My question is, how do I get them to the children? Do people leave them with the CTI staff? If so, is there a way to know they've reached kids that need them? I'm accountable to my board of directors to make sure all donated items reach children in need.

Thanks!
    Nancy-

We gave some to the hotel to pass on, and took another boxful to the local catholic church ( Mary Gate of Heaven - only a 5 minutes taxi-ride away so do drop in to mass there as the welcome is as warm and friendly as you could ever hope to receive)together with a boxful of shop-bought prescription glasses for older residents.

whoops sorry - my reply was based on CSA

We've arranged to meet the principal at the school to deliver items. It was at her request in our case because she wanted to meet us, but it did ensure that the school received them. We did so when school was out so that we wouldn't disturb the classes, but others have gone during class to meet the children.

We've also left items with the front desk and believe they were delivered (because of the notes the principal and teacher wrote us and that's the reason she wanted to meet us on a subsequent visit). This was at CN, not CTI.

I'm sure the front desk at CTI can either deliver for you or arrange a visit.

nancy...check out my website in my signature and send me an email.
    i will be happy to answer and /all questions you may have
    thanks for doing this, those kids are so grateful
    looking forward to hearing from you, amy
    CSA - 3/19/2008 -3/25/2008
    CSA - 11/4/2008 - 11/11/2008
    CSA - 10/7/2009 - 10/14/2009
    CSA - 10/10/2010 - 10/19/2010

www.entourageforeducation.org