Default We left our camera at Aura Lounge

My fiance and I took our first vacation together and left behind our digital camera with all our beautiful pictures at the Aura Lounge on Sat. night 9/4. Who ever found our camera please turn it in to the Concierge!!! I would find it hard to believe someone would keep the camera realizing how much what is inside it means to a couple. Thank you

Have you called the resort to see if someone turned it in?
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Default lost camera

Yes, we left the next day and gave all our information to the Concierge. They said they will contact us if it's turned in. The memory card is all we really want back, someone can keep the camera if they wish. I am going to call today also.

Quote Originally Posted by tonimacaroni View Post
    My fiance and I took our first vacation together and left behind our digital camera with all our beautiful pictures at the Aura Lounge on Sat. night 9/4. Who ever found our camera please turn it in to the Concierge!!! I would find it hard to believe someone would keep the camera realizing how much what is inside it means to a couple. Thank you
    ....Hate to read this.

Oh goodness,
    Whoever is out there please just turn in the flashcard at the front desk or mail it to the Couples main address in Florida so these wonderful guests can share their memories with everyone back home.
    Best of luck to tonimacaroni!

I have never heard of someone not doing the right thing. This is what I love about Couples! I know whoever found it will do the right thing

We were there in early May and also lost our camera at Aura Lounge. Checked back with the concierge everyday after that evening and also filed a report. Never got our camera back but it was the pictures that were lost that hurts the most.

Yes, it is the week's worth of pictures that we would love to have!!! The camera is new, but not important, you can replace it. Someone obviously is finding and keeping camera's that they find in the lounge. Don't like that at all!!!

That's one reason why I take several camera chips and change them often. If I loose my camera, I will probably only loose one day's worth of pictures.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

tonimacaroni...so sorry to hear that! Last March, I also had my camera taken from the spa area at CTI one night while I was sitting in the hot tub. To use the correct ugly word, it was stolen. It is hard to believe that something like this can happen at such a beautiful place as Couples, but let's be honest...not all the guests there are our friends. The reality is that there are bound to be people who are greedy, immoral, and unethical at any vacation paradise.

I blame myself for having my camera stolen. I left it unattended and put the temptation out there for guests and Couples employees. Please use common sense and don't trust that strangers will all do the right thing. This should apply to valuable items left out on the beach as well as valuable items left out in the open in your rooms. A couple tidbits of advise I would give people is to buy trip insurance (which covers stolen property) and change your memory cards often. I did both so my losses were minimal.

Of course we do blame ourselves for forgetting to leave with the camera. The idea of bringing other memory cards is a great idea!! We did have trip insurance and will look into that. Thanks Jamaican Junkie

Certainly sorry to hear of your loss of your week's photo memories. We usually carry a laptop (even though there is an Internet Cafe at the resorts) so that each night we can download the pictures. Then if we were to lose our camera, we would have most of the part that can not be replaced. Extra memory cards is certainly another excellent idea to minimize the loss. Do hope that it will still turn up for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    That's one reason why I take several camera chips and change them often. If I loose my camera, I will probably only loose one day's worth of pictures.
    Great tip!

SD cards can "get gone" as easy, if not easier, than a camera. Bring a device to dump to, or take care of multiple 1x1" cards.

I use an Eye-Fi card that automatically uploads when it can connect to a WiFi connection. My pictures end up on my home computer and Picasa, often within minutes of taking them. The only downside is that I have to bring a computer to configure the Wifi connection on the card.

I really hope you find your camera. It sucks to lose your pictures.