Default Honeymoon @ Couples!!

Hey Everyone!

We're planning our honeymoon for next April/May & have pretty much decided to go to a Couples, but its sooo hard to decide! Any suggestions?? My fiance has never been to an all-inclusive, and mostly likes to keep to ourselves. I really like everything that's offered at Sans Souci, but there doesn't seem to be much discussion about it on the message board. Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated!!

Helen

Hi Helen & Duane,
    My wife-to-be and I are going for our honeymoon in Oct. It was my job to plan the honeymoon. As soon as I found Couples Resorts, I was set. All the planning was over, I thought it better to leave it to the experts. But, it did take me some time to decide which resort to go to. You have to decide what is most important to you. I chose CSS. Here are a few reasons why. We want to be wrapped up in each others love, and CSS is a secluded private cove. There are supposed to be all kinds of little nooks and crannies, to walk to and explore. Plenty of alone time and romantic places to start your life together. Nikki is overworked and underpaid, and I'm happy to say we picked the #1 hotel spa in the Caribbean, as rated by Travel+Leisure mag. I've heard the rooms and service are second to none. Not to mention, the room service. I read the menu, and it's not just snacks, but full meals on your balcony if you want. Sounds pretty romantic to me. I'm packing a few candles. Plus, the mini bar full of water, juice, sodas, beer, wine, and liquor. These are some of the things that led me to CSS. It is remote and romantic. But I will say, if we enjoy ourselves as much as I think we will, we will hit CSA next year. Wide open beach, and the sun sets on Bloody Bay. That sounds great too. Like everyone says, I don't think you can go wrong at Couples. I just thought CSS might fit the honeymoon ambiance I'm trying for, the best. I wish you the best, enjoy. Jonathan&Nikki (Martinsbur,WV)

Just keep reading and viewing photos here and other boards. One of the resorts will "call to you" and that will be the resort you should visit. CSS hasn't been in the Couples family for just a couple of years, so that may be why. Also, this board set up is new. You may find info on the old board that you can access through the link on the right.
    Vicky

CSS ROCKS! You first impression was spot on go with it! I highly recommend the one bedroom ocean balcony suites. Here are bunch of pictures for you:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tweedpi...7603438788408/
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

Hey Shari & James!

I was hoping you would reply! I have seen that you post a lot on the message boards and have been to all of the resorts, so you would be able to offer a well rounded opinion. What is your favourite? Where would you recommend for a first timer?? Especially since it's our honeymoon & Duane hasn't really been away? We were hoping to book soon since there is such a great deal on right now, but at the same time we don't want to rush it. Any advice on room choices as well?

Thanks also for the pictures, they were great!!

You may want to look at CTI, it was just redone and is very nice also.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen & Duane View Post
    Hey Shari & James!

I was hoping you would reply! I have seen that you post a lot on the message boards and have been to all of the resorts, so you would be able to offer a well rounded opinion. What is your favourite? Where would you recommend for a first timer?? Especially since it's our honeymoon & Duane hasn't really been away? We were hoping to book soon since there is such a great deal on right now, but at the same time we don't want to rush it. Any advice on room choices as well?

Thanks also for the pictures, they were great!!
    Well being a horticulturalist CSS is my favorite because of the grounds, the best rooms of all and it's the most romantic. We LOVE the ocean balcony suites and I hear the penthouse suites are great to. They both are up on the cliff with big balconies and fantastic views. We like building E & G best and D looks really good to. Really if you can afford it the Hibiscus Suite is life styles of the rich and famous all the way. The absolute BEST most posh room of all the Couples resorts. CSS is the largest Couples property with the fewest number of rooms so sometimes it feels almost like you have the whole place to yourself. I prefer the private cove style beaches of Ocho Rios when most like the long beaches of Negril. The beaches are the biggest difference between the Negril and Ocho Rios resorts. We really like them all but if had to choose it would be in this order: CSS, CTI, CSA, CN

How long are you going for? We love to do a split between CSS and CTI. 5/5 is perfect but we're doing 7 CSS 4 CTI this year because of the special I booked had to have 7 nights at the same resort to get the $500 bonus credits. We'll head back to CSA someday but can't seem to get my fill of CSS and to many friends to see at CTI. Also how important is night life to you? CSA has the best night life of all the resorts I think with the two entertainment/dinning complexes and the disco but all the others are good to just winds down around 11:00pm unless you go the the piano bar for a late night sing-a-long. I don't care about staying out late at CSS as I love to enjoy those great rooms. Sometimes don't even go to the evening entertainment and just listen to it on the balcony. Feel free to ask any questions.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

Wow! I can't believe what a great resource you are!! Thank you so much for all of your advice! We are planning to go for 2 weeks. (And we can't wait!) We haven't really haven't been away together, unless you count going to Calgary & Edmonton (we're from Ontario). So this will be a real treat. We're not real night-life type people, so I don't think that is extremely important, but would like to wander on the beach & sit on our balcony, swing in a hammock etc. I'm really into photography, but I also want to make sure Duane has a good time also. He says he doesn't want to do any of the excursions, but I like that they're all included. With the Romance Rewards, could we choose to go to CTI for the day & go horseback riding? Is it worth it?? Have you done any of the excursions? When do you book them?

You don't book them until you are at the resort. Then you just sign-up for when you'd like to go.

We have been to all of the Couples and LOVE CTI!! But it's definitely a personal preference. I'd be happy to share my pictures of the resorts as well if that would help you decide (amy.welch@hotmail.com).

Go to the resort that calls to you. If it's CSS, then book it! You can check out CTI for the day or since you're staying for two weeks, you could even do a CTI/CSS split.

Have a great time!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015