Default Dinner Dress Code

Hi All,
    I am sure this has been asked and answered before, but I don't have a lot of time right now to go through all the post. Anyhow, my husband and I will be at Couple Negril in November for our honeymoon and were wondering about the dress code for dinner/restaurants. Is it dressy or more casual? I planned on wearing either skirts or sundresses, both more causual and some more dressy. My husband will have dress shorts/pants and button ups or polos. Also, is it true that men can not wear sandals to dinner? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

From the FAQs:

What is the dress code?

During the day normal summer and swimwear attire is appropriate.

Beach Grill:
    Swimwear is permitted.

Breakfast and Lunch:
    Swimwear must be dry and covered. No bare feet. Shorts / t-shirts / flip-flops are most common.

Evening:
    Gourmet restaurants and repeat guest dinners: Semi-Formal summer or cocktail dress and sandals, or skirt and nice top for women. Dress pants, khakis, shirts with sleeves and collar and dress shoes for men. Jacket not required. (Elegant dress sandals are allowed). Jeans, shorts, sneakers, flip flops are not permitted.

Other restaurants:
    Resort Casual - shorts with a nice shirt/blouse and sandals are allowed.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Your outfits will be fine for all restaurants. He will need a pair of slacks for dinner at Otaheite and there they do not allow the sandals. He can wear sandals at all other restaurants for dinner. Congratulation on your upcoming wedding. When will you be there? We will be at CN 11/13-11/19. Hope to see you there. Check up the November 2010 meet up thread as well.

Thanks for the responses, it definitely helped!
    @ cleversole--we actually got married on August 28th, but we are going to CN for our Honeymoon Nov 1st-8th,so unfortunately we wont be there the same time. We are so excited though and can't wait to see what all this fuss is about...lol

Save a little fun for us when you get there. Once you go, you know....Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Newlywed23 View Post
    Hi All,
    I am sure this has been asked and answered before, but I don't have a lot of time right now to go through all the post. Anyhow, my husband and I will be at Couple Negril in November for our honeymoon and were wondering about the dress code for dinner/restaurants. Is it dressy or more casual? I planned on wearing either skirts or sundresses, both more casual and some more dressy. My husband will have dress shorts/pants and button ups or polos. Also, is it true that men can not wear sandals to dinner? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    ....No open shoes for men. Other than that, you have it covered. You will find that most of the ladies dress somewhat for dinner. Think "Sun Dresses". More, these are all nice restaurants; think "Romantic Dinner Date" for dress.