Thread: Weather in Dec?

Default Weather in Dec?

Finally going back to CN! Last time we were there (2 Long years ago!) was in October. The weather was warm, but rainy. This year we're going to be there Dec 26-31. Anyone know what the temp will be, and is it still hurrican season then??

Hurricane season is oficially June 1 - November 30.

Historical Weather Per Wunderground.com for your dates of travel (I wonder why they don't give historical rainfall figures):

http://www.wunderground.com/history/...tename=Jamaica

Historical Summary for December 26 - December 31

Temperature:
    The Average High Temperature is 83 F with a historical range of 78 F to 98 F
    The Average Low Temperature is 74 F with a historical range of 35 F to 78 F
    There is a 1% chance of a Hot Day (temperature over 90°F / 32°C).
    (1 day out of 78 in historical record)
    Most consecutive days found in historic record: 1
    There is a 0% chance of a Freezing Day (temperature below 32°F / 0°C).
    (0 days out of 78 in historical record)
    Most consecutive days found in historic record: 0

Cloud Cover:
    Average Cloud Cover is mostly sunny
    There is a 12% chance of a Cloudy Day.
    (9 days out of 78 in historical record)
    Most consecutive days found in historic record: 1

Wind:
    The Average Wind is 6 mph with a historical range of 0 mph to 18 mph
    There is a 15% chance of a Windy Day (average wind over 10 mph / 15km/h).
    (12 days out of 78 in historical record)
    Most consecutive days found in historic record: 5

Humidity:
    The Average High Dew Point is 75 F with a historical range of 64 F to 81 F
    The Average Low Dew Point is 68 F with a historical range of -9 F to 75 F
    There is a 92% chance of a Sweltering Day (dew point over 70°F / 21°C).
    (72 days out of 78 in historical record)
    Most consecutive days found in historic record: 6
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Hurricane season ends in Nov. weather will be just like when you were there in Oct.

Hurricane season ends December 1st. The weather in December is wonderful. We've been several times and only experienced a couple of rain showers lasting less than 30 minutes each.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

No, Hurricane Season end in November. December is always mile and warm for us. We have had some rainy days ( more in Ochi than in Negril ) when we came right after a Tropical Storm, but typically there is not a lot of rain.
    Nights are mild and breezy....hardly any humidity, if there is any it's mid-day.

December is about the best time to go, January and February too

We were at CSA the end of May 2009 for my 50th birthday. We were walk down the beach and saw a rain storm fast approaching. I told my wife that I knew a little bar just up ahead. We only had $10 with us so we had a couple of beers and left the bartender a tip. We were going to head out in the rain when one of the bartender said "Where ya goin". I told him we were out of money and had to get back. He said "no problem--sit down and drink up. The guy at the end of the bar has a car and will drive you back to CSA." We sat and drank thru the rest of the storm ( 1.5 hours ). We bought a couple of rounds of drinks for the locals and we now have life long friends. The bar is east of CSA. Walk to the beach and go right. It's about a 15 minute walk.

Attachment 733

Attachment 734

Sorry, posted this to the wrong thread!!! It was supposed to go into the CSA off resort entertainment.

Stop in any of the local bars and talk to the locals. Treat them with respect and they will treat you like long lost friends.

The guys standing with my wife, in front of the Our Past Time sign is our driver that took us back to CSA. We gave him $5 for driving us. The bartender told us to come back the next day and pay our bill ($30), which we did. We then got a picture of Lyodd, a family friend of the Issa's. He has dreadlocks down to his ankles.

Attachment 735
    Last edited by yazmon; March 10th, 2010 at 10:18 AM.

Default thanx all

Thanx for all your replies re "Dec weather"! We are SO looking forward to it! Sounds like the weather will be perfect. Anyone going to be at CN Dec 26-31??

The Average Low Temperature is 74 F with a historical range of 35 F to 78 F
    Thank goodness this has only happened 1 day. Could you imagine being the one waking up to that? I don't know about everyone else I tend to pack much lighter clothing than a parka.