Default cant seem to get an answer..help!

trying to find out if the atrium suites have glass/plexiglass on the windows or just screens? i have put in a search for "glass windows" and hits came up, many in fact but none to really answer my question directly. some say only the "atrium" part of the room is covered with glaze? what is that? i must sound like a fool to all the veterans who have been to many times and love csa and the atrium rooms! lol. As someone new to csa and looking to plan the most wonderful and romantic vow renewal for my husband of almost 10 yrs im finding this more difficult each day i come on!
    some say 2nd floor rooms have all screens? another concern, my husband HATES the heat. am i dreaming to think this screened room will keep him cool? any other hot heads out there that have tried this category room and input greatly appreciated
    p.s. how are the bathrooms? do they have the walk in showers like some of the other upgraded rooms?

Default Atrum Siutes

We stayed in an Atrium Suite last year. I don't remember if they had screens or not but I do know they don't have glass. No worries though. When you close those blinds it is very comfotable inside. The air conditioners work very well. No bugs in our room at all.

Also the showers are walk in. No worries just enjoy!

You should have no worries.

The rooms have most windows covered with screens and very substantial shutters. When you get there you quickly figure out that the lack of glass is not a real concern. Your husband can make the room as cold as a meat locker if he wants to... My wife sure does.

In fact, I LOVE the shutters at CSA. I think they are soooo cool, that I'm going to take detailed pictures of them this November and see if I can't re-create them at my house.

Glaze is indeed glass. It is used on windows that have neighbors very close by. The showers are walk in. The bathrooms are simple, but attractive, clean, and very functional.

Relax.. Once you go.... You will know. I mean this in the nicest possible way, but stop driving yourself nuts.

The windows that have glass are the window that face another room, the rest have screens. Once you close the shutters it gets very cold in the room. We had to get up one night a turn our a/c up so it wasnt so cold. Also we never heard our nieghbors. If its wasnt for the sign on their door knob we would of never know we had neighbors lol.

To be completely honest the only thing we didn't love about our atrium room was that the wall to the Bathroom dosen't go all the way to the ceiling, so we had to kick each other out of the room if one of us needed a little more privacy, but hey time in the hammock is a wonderful thing. And this is the room catagory we are booking again for June 2011, so not a big deal.

Your going to love CSA.

Wanyne Lejeune and Spiff542 thanks so much! i really appreciate your reply posts and ill be sure to let my hubby know about the "meat locker" lol. i dont think ive ever had this much trouble with choosing a room before. im very happy about the walk in shower and what seems like more quiet/privacy than in the beachfront suites. i think were sold on an Atrium

Thanks again and your right, once you go...you do know We LOVE jamaica and im sure we can soon add csa to our growing list of things to love about Jamaica

I was just killing time on YouTube and found this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pghNcI8TxbM&sns=em

It gives great tour of CSA, including a great look at the Atrium rooms.

We stayed in a 2nd floor Atrium suite from 8/15/2010 to 8/23/2010.

1. There are screened-only windows on all of the windows EXCEPT the doors to the balcony and the windows towards the atrium. The atrium windows and patio doors have glass only. There are windows each side of the balcony doors and along the wall opposite of the atrium that have screened only windows. From the picture, you can see the atrium windows with slats open and the small window next to the door with slats closed. It was relatively warm and humid when we were at CSA, so we ended up keeping the slats on the screened windows closed all of the time -- made the room darker but had to keep the room cool....

2. The 2nd floor room was beautiful with a high vaulted ceiling -- I think you can see that pretty well from the picture. However, the high ceiling seemed to make the room a bit hard to keep cool. We ran our AC on high/coldest setting at all times and never felt that the room was too cool (actually wished it was colder at times). We don't know if it was the high ceilings or if we had an inefficient AC unit. In any event, Mrs. Tallman also doesn't tolerate the heat well and she felt the room was sufficiently cool. I don't think you have anything to worry about, and I wouldn't hesitate booking an atrium again (I loved the fact there were only 4 rooms per building...a lot like living on a cul de sac!).

3. The bathrooms were very nice with a walk-in shower, good water pressure/temp, and nice shower head. We have stayed at CN two other times and thought the Atrium bathroom was much, much better than what we had at CN.
    Attached Images Attached Images