Thread: Couples lounge

Default Couples lounge

Hi all
    Heading to CSS in November & just have a question about the Couples lounge. We are both smokers so after a 10 hour flight will def want a quick ciggie before getting on the transfer coach. Does anyone know if it is possible to leave your luggage in the lounge & then go outside for a smoke? Sorry if this is a silly question but not sure where the lounge is situated!
    Al

Yes you can leave your bags at the Couples lounge and go out for a smoke.
    Dianavr

That would create a problem because once you leave the building and go into the transportation parking lot you cannot return to the building.
    What I would do is once they take you and your luggage to your van/bus light up a smoke and linger a little while you board the bus and your luggage is being loaded

Absolutely, you can. It will though depend on how long you have before the bus leaves. Let me describe our experiences the last three years.

The first two years we went the bus seemed to be waiting on us. We had barely any time to use the bathroom or get a red stripe. You pretty much had to choose between the two options. We learned to use the bathroom on the plane before we landed so we would have more time. We were craving a smoke too so we basically walked really really slow trying to rush one in before we got on the bus. People on the bus were looking at us like we were holding up the world. We felt completely rushed and not a great way to start your vacation.

Now, this last year we must have arrived earlier because we had plenty of time. We went to the bathroom, got a red stripe and we outside to enjoy a smoke. What we found was there is a lounge area just outside the doors where you can sit and smoke and buy some extra red stripes for the road trip. Don't worry about your bags after you check into the Couples Lounge as they will be taken care of good. Here is a photo of the area that is just outside the doors of the airport. You can see the doors to the airport on the right.

Margaritaville Trading Post by Jeff Brint, on Flickr
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

My friend smoked outside as we checked in. There was 6 of us so we had other peopleto watch our bags.

yes...you can leave your luggage at the lounge and go outside to smoke. Just be careful. They may hound you to buy stuff out there. The first time we went we had a guy offer us a lei for "free" and then asked for money after we accepted. I'm actually glad we have them though. Was a nice trinket from our first trip.

the lounge is near the outer doors and they do put your luggage off to the side anyway. I just can't remember if you can go out and come back in...

After you clear immigrations and customs go thru the door to the left and the Couples Lounge is near the rear left corner of the large room.
    ARE WE THERE YET??

Many thanks to everyone for your help.
    Al

Is there also a lounge area for returns-- like when you get to the airport hours before your flight?

Here's an idea alyson... why not quit smoking, now, before you go to Couples. Then, you will not have to worry about your question, and can celebrate your freedom while in paradise! Think of all the extra years you may have to visit Couples if you quit. (I was a smoker until I looked into the eyes of my third child, so I know it is hard to beat the addiction!)

My blessing and I will be on Sunset Beach, late Nov./early December. Will you be there? LOL, and good luck!

There is a pub next to the Cool Runnings cafe that is enclosed and allows smoking but you will need to order something to stay in there. Order up a last red stripe and enjoy a smoke after you have finished your shopping and wait for your flight.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

Quote Originally Posted by Richli2 View Post
    That would create a problem because once you leave the building and go into the transportation parking lot you cannot return to the building.
    Not correct. You can freely walk in and out.

Quote Originally Posted by dryan View Post
    Is there also a lounge area for returns-- like when you get to the airport hours before your flight?
    Nope, you just go through security and hang out in the main terminal. There are a few places to eat and have a beer before getting on the plane. So we usually buy our rum creme, have lunch, and just relax before hitting reality.

Quote Originally Posted by dryan View Post
    there is no couples lounge on the way back to the us

I think someone also posted above, but on your return you can go to the bar and order any kind of drink and smoke in there. Since they will take any lighters or matches at security, the bartender will light everyone's cigarettes for them. We also had no problem with our luggage when we arrived in Jamaica. The Couples lounge took good care of them and we were able to go outside to smoke and go back in with no problem. Have a great time, I know we did.