Default Romantic 30th Anniversary Needed

My wife really likes romantic surprises. Ten years ago on our 20th anniversary I asked her if she wanted to help plan our 20th anniversary or whether she wanted me to handle it. She said she would appreciate it if I made the arrangements. I'm sure she thought I was thinking of booking a hotel room in a nearby city and booking a baby sitter. I had a different idea. I did a lot of research and came to the conclusion that CSA was the place for us to go (this was before it was part of couples). I arranged for a family friend to baby sit and called my wife's employer to get her vacation arranged for the period. A couple of days before the trip the family friend and I let her in on the destination. Neither of us had ever been to the Caribbean before and it was the trip of our lives!

A couple of years later we decided to go back and were upgraded by Couples to a beachfront room. We had a fantastic time.

Well paying for two kid's college takes it's toll on our budget and it was six years before we could get back. That was last March. I did book a private dinner on the beach, but my surprise was spoiled when my wife came around a week before the trip and asked if I had seen the option for a private dinner. I'm terrible at lying and had to confess that I'd already booked it. The trip was also marred by the fact that weather delays caused our plane flight to be a day late and I was sick for a couple of days during the trip.

That brings us to this year. We've been to CSA three times and have decided to try CN next spring. From what I've heard it is like CSA in the old days before they expanded it. I'm sure we'll have a wonderful time, but it will be our 30th anniversary and I sure would like to find something special. The beach dinner is out because we did that last year. I'd love to hear any suggestions that members of this message board might have. I'm open to the idea of going off the property and doing a dinner at a really nice location. My budget for this would be generally in the 200-300 dollar range (we've still got another year of college to pay for).

All suggestions are welcome. My wife doesn't read this message board, so please fire away. Thanks in advance.

You may want to consider renewing your vows at CN. My wife and I did it for our 25th anniversary at CN back in 2004. We went with 3 other couples and were also joined by 2 other couples we met on the bus going to CN. It was a very memorable experience. The Couples staff was fantastic and the setting was perfect.
    Last edited by rjammin; February 2nd, 2011 at 05:46 PM.

No question. A vow renewal on the beach.

We did this on our first visit to CSA for our 25th anniversary in '05. I could have done it without my wife's knowledge, but I broke down and told her before we left. You could surprise her with a "proposal" the night before and tell her then about the ceremony. If I had it to do over again, that is how I would do it. In spite of my telling her ahead it was a wonderful, romantic event. We did it very casually too. Our "guests" were dressed in swim suits and tennis wear. I wore shorts and we were both bare foot. It was the best $150 I have ever spent. It was the best anniversary we ever had. As an additional item to make it more memorable for us we both got new, matching, gold wedding bands.

I really think this would be perfect for you guys.

Have a great trip! And congratulations on 30 years together.

My hubby is very romantic. One afternoon while I was lying on the beach he snook back to our room. He brought flower petals with him and spelled out M heart K on the bed. It was super sweet and cost nothing!!! Sometimes the thought is what really counts.

Thanks for being such a great hubby to your wife!! Sounds like she is a lucky woman.

Here's a hint for something small:

http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthread.php?t=9686
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

You can make arrangements for the dive boat to take you out on a private sunset cruise complete with champagne and treats. I think the cost is a couple hundred, but you can call CN and find out.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come