Default Caesers at Sans Souci?

My favourite drink. Can you get this at Sans Souci

I had to check your profile, but I figured you were Canadian. It'll be interesting to see the responses. I kinda doubt they have clamato juice. I don't think they did when we were at CSA. (I'm not a ceasar drinker, but some in our group were). You never know though!

It never hurts to ask. Even if they don't have it stocked normally in the bar, if they have it on site, they'll likely accomodate you.

I would urge you to try adding Pickapeppa to your bloody Caesar or bloody Mary. It's a nice twist to Worcestershire and adds a little heat and a little sweetness, along with that depth of flavor.

I don't remember seeing any Clamato Juice, so I don't think so.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Default Caesars

I don't know about CSS but at CSA they had the small cans of Clamato in the mini bars. I used to basically evacuate the other drinks in favor of a six pack+ of Clamato cans. They did not have it at the bars however, which was very strange and somewhat irritating. I don't think that Jamaicans quite understand that Canadians are addicted to Caesars and don't often opt for the more American "Bloody Mary" which is completely different!

In Mexico they made a Caesar and their own version called a "Maria" which uses Tequila in place of Vodka (everything else is the same). They are also pretty darn good!

The Caesar was invented by a couple of Mexican bartenders attending a liquor/drink competition at the Calgary Inn in about 1970. It is basically (next to Rye Whisky) probably the most popular drink in Canada!

We had the Clamato in our mini bars at CSS...

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Thanks everyone for your advice and information!
    Thanks, too, for the history on the caeser - never knew that
    Maybe if they have clamato in the mini fridge, they can start stocking it at the bars......maybe I will send a request off to Randy?
    Thanks again,
    Ruth

Default Clamato at CSS Sunset beach

Ruth,

We were at CSS in April and it was hit or miss if they had Clamato stocked at any of the bars, but we asked and sometimes they did have it.

Jhaneal was tending bar at Sunset Beach and found a couple of cans way in the back the first day. After that we brought it down from the mini bar and she'd stash them in a cooler until we needed them. Jhaneal was able to get a six pack stocked mid week but that didn't last long.

Your best bet may be to ask one of the managers if they can get a stock put in at your favorite bar or just bring it from your room. You can ask for a couple of extras when you fill out your mini bar order each night.

We'll be back in November and I'm bringing my own horseradish to add to my morning Caesar, along with a Dragon Stout chaser!

Thsnks, Kegger, for the tips!

So what is a dragon snout chaser?

ooops, I mean dragon stout not snout!

Caesars are our favorite drink also!!! Anyone know if they have it CN or should we bring our own!!

Dragon Stout is a Jamaican brewed stout beer from Desnoes & Geddes, the same folks who make Red Stripe, Red Stripe Light and Red Stripe Bold.

The following comes from Beer Connoisseur, not me ... "It's near black in color, the aroma and taste is somewhat sweet and seems to mix flavors of caramel, cherries, milk chocolate, molasses, raisins and roasted malts, light- to medium-bodied, creamy and very drinkable in warm weather."

I drink it because I like it and can only find it in Jamaica BUT, like Clamato, it can be hard to find at any Couples Resort. They normally have Guinness but the Dragon beats Guinness hands down.