Default Travel and Leisure

I made a quick trip to the grocery store yesterday and stopped to look at the magazine rack. I noticed in this magazine the top 100 lists. I rumaged through and noted for the top Caribean Resorts CTI was #4, CSA was #5, CSS was #6, and CN was #18. Not too bad.

Congratulations Couples!!!

Except they got the order wrong! CN should be #1, CSS #2, CSA #3 and CTI #4!!!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

I am a subscriber of T & L Magazine. I was sooo excited to see that CTI was #4 and CN was further down the list. I am not saying anything bad about any resort because, I haven't been yet. All I am saying is that I have been on the MB faithfully since 02/2010 and CTI seems to have a bad rep on the board and CN has the best rep on the board. I am staying @CTI in 2011 but, I kept hearing so many negative things on the board about them that I was starting to doubt my decision. After a few trusted people went and gave great reviews, I decided that I was done doubting my decision. When I read this article last month, I truly felt that I had made the right decision. Especially when I saw that CN didn't even make the top 10 like the other 3 resorts. Again, I have never been to Couples, I am only making these comments based on my MB readings over the last 6 months. I know that I am going to get a lot a comments after this!! I eagerly await them.

hey spice505, you have made the right choice because it's the Couples resort that first called to you. On the rankings in T&L, I can see how CN would be further down the list. It has a very bohemian quality to it which a some people may not find appealing especially if they're looking for a posh, flashy, elegant location.

We love the feel at CN and we're sure you're going to love CTI!

ENJOY!!!

Not only did CTI get #4 in the Caribean but it was #74 (I think) for any top 100 Hotel/Resort. Wally, my freind I amfraid your wrong.

I was disappointed to see CN so far down the list too...I voted, but only once. Have to get on more often next time to help that. That's OK, those of us who love CN will continue to return.

I'm glad to see that CTI is getting the recognition we feel it deserves, even if there is dissension on the matter between die0-hards.

We can all agree that the chain is "First Class!".

Can't we all just get along and be happy that all the resorts made the list.... ha ha

CTI has always been #1 in my book so very happy that they were voted #4 also the Spa at CTI was voted #1 in the Carribbean!
    Dianavr

Quote Originally Posted by dandj View Post
    Not only did CTI get #4 in the Caribean but it was #74 (I think) for any top 100 Hotel/Resort. Wally, my freind I amfraid your wrong.
    So sorry for my mistake. I should have said "CN #1, CSS #2, CSA #3 and CTI #74!!!"
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Quote Originally Posted by dandj View Post
    My wife hates it when I correct small details, but I'm going to correct you on a small detail anyway.

CTI was #72 for any top 100 Hotel/Resort.

Here is a link to their entry:

http://www.travelandleisure.com/arti...hotels-2010/73

I was surprised to hear that CTI is at the top since it is the least expensive of the four resorts. Hmmmph.

We all knew this was coming. Congratulations to the resort, the staff and all the travelers who just love these resorts.
    Mike & Martha

CSS 2010, 2013, 2014
    CTI 2011
    CN 2012

It is obvious that Couples is doing something right. Just look at the facts:

Four different resorts, each having a loyal following claiming that their particular resort is the best.

All four make the top 25 in T&L.

Keep up the good work!

You know what's really great? All of the resorts have fantastic food, amazing service and are maintained to the highest standards. We are all so lucky to have found Couples! Life is good when the only decisions you have to make about where to go for your vacation are 1) which beach do you like best and 2) what decor do you prefer.

Thank you all for your votes. We are very proud to be so recognized by our guests.

Couples Resorts

Quote Originally Posted by Marnies View Post
    You know what's really great? All of the resorts have fantastic food, amazing service and are maintained to the highest standards. We are all so lucky to have found Couples! Life is good when the only decisions you have to make about where to go for your vacation are 1) which beach do you like best and 2) what decor do you prefer.
    Perfect statement. If those are the hardest choices we ever have to make...life is GOOD. We all know Couples is the best and it is wonderful to see all four recognized again.

Quote Originally Posted by freckles View Post
    I was surprised to hear that CTI is at the top since it is the least expensive of the four resorts. Hmmmph.
    Perhaps that is a contributing factor as to why it is so highly rated. CTI is a beautiful facility with wonderful staff, exceptional food, excellent spa services, and is the least expensive of all four resorts. Just goes to show that you don't have to spend a lot of money to get the best!!

Very cool! VERY, VERY cool!!!!
    Cigar Dude
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

My cigar blog: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/

Great results for Couples, but it just goes to show how different people are. We went to Couples Negril last year and to Couples Tower Isle this year. Apart from the lovely view we had from our room, neither myself nor my hubby can think of anything that was anywhere near as good at CTI. We found CN to be far superior food wise, customer service wise, friendly wise and of course beach wise.
    I am not saying that we did not enjoy our holiday because we did, but we were disappointed with CTI compared to CN.
    We would never go to CTI again, but will definately return to CN.
    Just our opinion of course.

Sorry that your impression of CTI was not as enchanting as CN. As we trade off between the two each year, we are in love with the different vibes they have. At least you have your "home" resort and will return to CN. We have 6 weeks from today until we are home at CN. Can't wait!

I cannot wait for Nov 1 and to check in at CTI. Bring on the Fabulous Jamaican experience Mon!!!

CONGRATULATIONS to Couples... This is great news for Couples, but not so good news for us as we really want to keep Couples our secret -- lol. Actually, well deserved. And it couples continues with their current business model, they will continue to be successful. 77 days to CSS, but who's counting...

I did a lot of research before booking at CSS. I love the look of all the resorts, but as someone noted before, they are all perfect in different ways. CTI, while beautiful, is not our style of resort. CN is one we may try later, but for now, it is on a different side of the island from where we wanted to be. CSA looks absolutely beautiful, but the facilities and options were not what we were looking for on this particular trip. Gratz to all of them! A week and a wake-up and we're there!

Your right....How can you say anything until you have been there. Everyone will have their own favorite, but I can tell you, I have stayed at CSW and CN and by far CN is better as far as the food, staff (which was not very friendly at CSW). I did not like the rooms at CSW (Couples Swept Away Negril)because the mosquitos kept coming in and you had to stay covered up at night or you got bit. I like CN because it is smaller and you can get around better. No we are not old people (in case that came across your mind). I like the beach area better at CN, because it seems to be better secured. But hey you will have to let us know what you thought once you return from your trip...Have a great time and enjoy and as they say no problem man.