Default Scuba training needed for 1 ive.

I would like to do 1 dive on my vacation (not thinking of getting PADI certified). How much prep time or practice time is required is required to train and then do the dive.

Couples offers a complimentary course before you dive. They normally start at 9 am and the course and dive last a total of 3.5-4 hours. The course consists of training with videos and verbal instruction and then you get into the pool and practice breathing and swimming with the equipment underwater. Then they load up the boat and off you go for a dive.
    Juell and Andy (Jandy)

Quote Originally Posted by jandy View Post
    Couples offers a complimentary course before you dive. They normally start at 9 am and the course and dive last a total of 3.5-4 hours. The course consists of training with videos and verbal instruction and then you get into the pool and practice breathing and swimming with the equipment underwater. Then they load up the boat and off you go for a dive.

If you plan on doing the resort course make sure you can swim decent. You will need to pass a swimming test first in order to go through the rest of the training. When we took it on our first trip there were a couple who couldnt complete it. I can't remember how many lengths of the 'palms' pool it was but just be able to swim a decent distance without stopping. I ended up getting my PADI Openwater certification there two days later. Have fun.