Default Romance Rewards / Trading Places for First Timers

We are heading to CN in April for our first trip and are signed up for Romance Rewards. We may want to try the trading places so we can see CSA. My question is: can we do this on our first trip? It says that rewards begin with 3-13 nights and I'm not sure if this means that we can do this after spending our first 3 nights there or on our next trip after a 3-13 night stay.

Also, if we can do it, any recommendations of how many days in advance we need to sign up? Thanks!

To take advantage of Trading Places register for Romance Rewards and you will be able to go. Suggest that you sign up as sooon as you check in. It only goes on Mon,Weds and Fri, with 10 Couples each way

The one "perk" that you can take advantage of as a Romance Rewards member and NOT be a repeat guest is the Trading Places program.

As far as when to sign up, this is what we did on our last 7 night stay at CTI (Trading Places with CSS). Trading Places is available to the first 10 couples on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. We arrived on Saturday. On Sunday morning we signed up for the Wednesday exchange. Our thought was to treat it as an excursion and felt that mid-week would be a nice time to do it. As it turned out, it was cloudy and rainy on that Wednesday, so we canceled the reservation and rebooked for Friday. No problems. Only two other couples were on the shuttle with us.

We were glad that we didn't initially book the Friday trip initially. If it had been sunny on Wednesday and rainy on Friday, we would have missed our chance and not have been able to reschedule. I hope that makes sense.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Sign up right away! We were at CSA in April for a 10 night stay and tried to sign up the day we got there but were not able to. They said it wasn't available. I didn't realize that many people signed up that far in advance but I guess they do.

We justed booked at CSA for July and they told us they no longer allow swapping resorts. They said we could for $75 per person per day...yuck

sc_dixiedude--who is "they" that gave you this information? You do have to be a romance rewards member to do it free. It's part of the perks and the one benefit that first time Couples visitors get as a member but it is free to members. Perhaps that's where the communication breakdown occurred?

Quote Originally Posted by sc_dixiedude View Post
    We justed booked at CSA for July and they told us they no longer allow swapping resorts. They said we could for $75 per person per day...yuck
    WHAT?! That is a huge disappointment. I am booking a split between CSA and CTI and was really looking forward to trading places at both resorts so I can see if I would be interested in doing a SR in the future. I sure don't want to spend $300 to do it! I guess I should have asked more questions about it when we were at CSA last year. They told us it was not available to us both times we were there. I assumed they meant it was full but we also didn't get our other RR gifts without asking many times (some we didn't get at all) so maybe that was the problem.

I don't know who said that Trading Places is not available or is being discontinued. Not True.

Couples Resorts

First off this is our first trip to Jamaica. We will be celabrating our 25th anniversary there on 7/26/11. I used a local travel agent to book our trip. I told her I had heard about guest staying at one resort and being able to use the sister resort properties. She told me she wasn't sure about Couples but that she would check and get back with me. Thats when she told me we could but there would be a $75 per person per day charge. If someone knows something different please let me know because we were wanting to checkout Couples Negril while we were there.

We just got back from CN. This was our first trip to a Couples resort and had signed up for the Romance Rewards ahead of time and did the trading places with CSA. I do think that the Trading Places is between CN and CSA and between CTI and CSS. I don't think you can trade between CSA and CTI. Go for it, we had a wonderful time.

Default trading places

Thank you Randymon for setting this straight! Cuz I can't wait to check out CSS in June!

Default How long?

Hi everyone!
    Maybe I didn't look hard enough but I can't seem to find any specific info on the site about Trading Places. Do you go for the entire day or just a few hours? Any other info would be appreciated.
    Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    I don't know who said that Trading Places is not available or is being discontinued. Not True.
    Thanks for clearing that up. That would be disappointing. I really like that program because we love CSA so much that I'm afraid to book a SR, CN ot CTI without looking at them first.

Quote Originally Posted by hrwvt View Post
    Hi everyone!
    Maybe I didn't look hard enough but I can't seem to find any specific info on the site about Trading Places. Do you go for the entire day or just a few hours? Any other info would be appreciated.
    Thanks!!
    This is from the FAQ page of the Couples main website. Let's see if I beat Pamela to the punch (doubtful).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Can I visit other Couples Resorts? (Trading Places program)

Romance Rewards members will now be offered the privilege of complimentary day passes to a nearby Couples Resort. We're calling the program "Trading Places".

In Negril, Trading Places is available between Couples SweptAway and Couples Negril.

In Ocho Rios, Trading Places is extended between Couples Sans Souci and the NEW Couples Tower Isle.

Here are the rules and conditions for the new Romance Rewards Trading Places:

1. Trading Places is restricted to Romance Rewards members only. Since it may take several days for new Romance Rewards member account to be activated, only Romance Rewards members who have an active account upon arrival at your resort are eligible.

2. Trading Places is limited to a maximum of 10 couples per day on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays only.

3. Romance Rewards members must sign up for Trading Places with Guest Relations 24 hours in advance. The sign up is only available while you are on property. Romance Rewards members may only sign up for Trading Places once per stay.

4. Complimentary transfers from your resort to the nearby resort will depart at 9:45 am and will depart from the nearby resort back to your resort at 4:00 pm.

5. Should you decide to leave the nearby resort prior to 4:00 pm, transfer costs will be at your expense. If you miss the 4:00 pm transfer, the nearby resort reserves the right to charge the current day pass rate.

6. Activities at the nearby resort which require reservations such as excursions and scuba are not part of the day pass privilege. Spa facilities may be utilized subject to availability; however no coupons or credits from your resort may be used at the nearby resort.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

sc_dixiedude...has your question been answered? Your travel agent was right in that there is a charge UNLESS you sign up for Romance Rewards and then it's free as a perk.

http://www.couples.com/RomanceRewards/index.html