Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: General Manager

Why are so many people negative about this change? Having worked in HR and Org Development, I know that employees are transferred for many reasons.

At this level in an organization hierarchy it is often related to retention as there possibly isn't a position to promote these individuals into. Changing the environment (in this case the resort) provides a valued employee that a company wants to retain a new perspective that promotes employee engagement and allows them to grow.

It's obvious from many of the comments that some guests do not like change, however, I doubt that Couples management would relocate any employee that is not performing especially when they hold a position of so much influence.

Nellie will tell you, or she did us, that she is not a singer. Laughed in February, when she took the group at night for the frog hunt, she is scared to death of frogs and the lizards. She is a sweetheart. Picture of her and my wife.Name:  photo(3).jpg
Views: 656
Size:  38.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Happytimes42 View Post
    I know many of you have been going to couples longer than we have, but it seems we have seen a lot of upset guests at CSA. Now who decided to come up with the braining idea to move a GM that has proven they cannot perform the way guests want, and move them to a #1 resort. This must be a #1 resort, it is the highest priced Couples Resort now. We have been going to CN for 7 yrs now, we have seen a lot of changes, some good, some not so good. We have also been watching the changes being made to other resorts, some good, some NOT SO GOOD. Prices have dropped, specials are being offered to these resorts to try to attract more guests. My motto - if it isn't broken don't fix it, CN is not broken YET. If CSA GM isn't doing what needs to be done, I agree, replace him, but DON'T move him to another resort to mess things up there too. Just my opinion
    Happytimes, I could not have said it better myself! Since the new GM has arrived on the scene, one of the best employees at CN, Melbourne, who was a groundskeeper, has been dismissed. He had been there for 10 years and was one of the reasons that we kept going back. There have been lots of new faces and I think that the service was not as good as it has been in the past. However, that was in December before the GM switch. I am not nearly as excited about returning this Dec. I will miss my friend and personally I don't care to meet the new GM. As you said, that's just my opinion.

we just got back a few weeks ago. we were sad to see that melbourne was gone. we also noticed that the service was not as good as previous times. the lobby staff was great and the water sports was great but the rest of the service just wasnt up to par. as for the NEW GM. i definately wasnt impressed. 3 days before we left he told me he would personally look into something for us and even wrote done our room number so that he could get back to us. we never heard a thing. the resort was once again beautiful and we had a great time but we did notice the service was lacking. the one time that we ate at heliconia our food and desert took so long that we actually left before our desert arrived. this was the resturant that we ate at many times on our previous trips. it was great to see familiar faces like nelli, carlos of activities, richard and sean of water sports and franklin and tennyson at the bars. Latoya from the beach grill bar got married and was on maternity leave so we missed her. all in all it was still a great trip.

Thanks for posting your observations. The fact that the service is suffering is disheartening. I hope we get more observations from others. Glad to hear that Carlos & Nellie are still there. Franklyn and Tennyson are amazing!

We'll be there for our 6th trip to CN in 10 days. I'll let ya know what our impressions are. Hopefully it will be all good things to report!

all of the Cn loyalists apprecaite any insight you can give us. Rudi.....when is your next planned visit?

Quote Originally Posted by oxbgirl View Post
    all of the Cn loyalists appreciate any insight you can give us. Rudi.....when is your next planned visit?
    CandS, we agree with Oxbgirl - any/all information is appreciated.
    Oxbgirl, we're planning something different this fall. You'll probably be there before us. Hopefully we'll be back early next year.

Rudi, When are you going? We're going October 23-30. Then in February....Feb. 8-18. Retirement is so wonderful so we can go twice a year.

Quote Originally Posted by oxbgirl View Post
    Rudi, When are you going? ....
    By "different" I meant we're not going to CN this fall, so we don't know when we're going, but probably sometime in early 2013.
    Enjoy your October trip - should be perfect weather then.

Beginning day 6 of current stay....service remains superior....beach and grounds are spotless....staff seems even more (if possible) attentive than in the past.
    I have personally spoken to Ricardo (new mgr) on 3 seperate occasions.....all is good....all CNers IMHO
    should plan on remaining so...
    Of course there are some of you out there that consider not having a pencil in the internet room a decline in service....in that case look elsewhere as there are no pencils!!!! HA HA..
    Occupancy today in mid 90%...repeaters dinner tonight...will continue to update my findings..

The Captain

Thanks for the report The Captain. Look forward to your update after the repeater dinner.

Wondering if Ricardo will give the speech to the guests. Karen did at most, but not all, repeater dinners, but she said public speaking was not her favorite thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    Beginning day 6 of current stay....service remains superior....beach and grounds are spotless....staff seems even more (if possible) attentive than in the past.
    I have personally spoken to Ricardo (new mgr) on 3 seperate occasions.....all is good....all CNers IMHO
    should plan on remaining so...
    Of course there are some of you out there that consider not having a pencil in the internet room a decline in service....in that case look elsewhere as there are no pencils!!!! HA HA..
    Occupancy today in mid 90%...repeaters dinner tonight...will continue to update my findings..

The Captain
    Captain, Thank you so much for letting us know your first=hand experience. I look forward to your next update. I'll put pencils on my list and take a bunch down on my next trip!

The Captain and his first mate came home to a Comcast nightmare!! No internet...cable or phone service...hope for repairs by Mon 16th....hence the delay.
    DO NOT....repeat DO NOT have any 2nd thoughts about returning to CN...Ricardo gave the speech at the returner's dinner.....Ricardo sat at the Captain's table during the dinner and we had almost 2 hours of banter....goals...guest expectations...resort plans etc..etc to discuss.....Captain is already booked to return Super Bowl week AND July 4th week 2013...with not even the remotest thought of cancelling...as a 12 year Cancer survivor; The Captain knows that life can and will throw enough BIG stuff our way....let's get over the SMALL stuff and continue to enjoy all that life and CN have to offer...
    Anyone providing a personal e-mail address....I will gladly reply off the board to any specific questions/concerns based on my current 11 day stay.
    Hope my comments/updates have been a help!!!

OK - we just arrived home tonight after 8 nights at CN (our 6th trip there). So I will say that the staff remains to be outstanding and took care of everything we needed. Some even went way beyond. We talked with Ricardo on several occasions. He was always available to us and took care of what we needed. We had a wonderful stay. I think with any change to our favorite resort there is some worry. I know I was concerned too before we left. There are always little "glitches" when you travel anywhere. That being said - we are going back next July.

Ricardo did speak at the repeaters dinner and the dinner was fantastic!!!!

Everyone - go and enjoy!!!! You all already know CN is fantastic!

Thanks Cands glad you enjoyed yourself as always, we arrive August 6th!!!

Captain, Glad to hear from you again...was worried you decided to stay in Jamaica instead of coming home. Glad you had a wonderful trip. Thanks for all the info.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2