Default CSS Veteran Now Has Questions, Needs Advice

This will be our 7th trip to CSS and we have always stayed in a Beachfront room in A or B Block. I booked this upcoming trip late and there are no Beachfront rooms available for the week in May that we can go (nothing at CN or CSA either).
    Only a Deluxe Ocean Veranda, was open which I quickly booked. Now I am having extreme anxiety since the reason we stay in A/B block is because of my husbands bad leg.
    So I have poured and obsessed over pictures, reviewed my own video's, and drove my husband nuts with questions and options.
    It seems from what I can tell is that the Deluxe Ocean Veranda rooms are on D and G block. D block is closer to the lobby and has less stairs than G block. However G block has the better views.
    My husband needs a good view since he stares at the ocean for hours,I obsess more over bathrooms, I need space and I despise tub/shower combo's, I need walk in showers. I know this sounds crazy but we actually spend a lot of time in our room, and it is important to us.
    So we never stayed, "up top" is what I always called it, and rarely went up there. Only to go to the Casanova, or shop.
    I feel like we are going to a new resort. In fact I never walked past the wooden parrot outside the lobby on the street. Where does that go to? Is that the way to G block?
    Should I ask for D block, since there are less stairs, or because he has to go up stairs anyway ask for G block? Or finally should I leave this up to fate?
    I know my fellow Couples friends would understand this dilemma, and why I am so hung up on it. Thank you in advance for any advice, Angela.

Angela ... as we will also be returning to CSS for our seventh time (April) there is one thing I can suggest ... "Fate" at CSS usually means "No Worries". Somehow no matter the room, the weather, the circumstances ... the time "home" will be wonderful. As you are likely aware, shuttle service is available and team members will do there best to accommodate all special requests. I feel your unique concerns will be addresses to your satisfaction and that once again your experience will be rewarding.
    We have been "upgraded" to Oceanfront in the past from our inaugural experience in G Block Verandah room, and actually enjoy being up higher more. Short walk to lobby and Casanova and Balloon Bar (minimum steps) or elevator to Mineral Pool and Spa.
    Overall ... an introductory e-mail to CSS in advance highlighting your situation and a follow up request upon registration may be all that is required ... if not, there is always that wonderful Jamaican Karma ... or as you referenced it - 'Fate'!!!
    Enjoy!

For D block, the only stairs down to the beach are the ones right outside D. I thinks there's about 50ish stairs there. You could avoid those by walking around C block (I think). It's been a while since I was there, so maybe someone else will chime in. If you stay in G, I know there's an elevator by the spa that may eliminate some of the stairs you would have to climb.

I stayed in building G when i was in a wheelchair/crutches with a broken leg. If I could get around for a week, anyone can.
    I would not want to stay in any other block. They will drive you where ever you need to go. I have been in three rooms in building G, two had a walk in shower one did not, but I have never been in the Veranda Rooms.

We always stay "up top" and love it. Yes, Past the Parrot is G Block.
    If your husbands leg is really bad, I would request D block. Althought there are stairs, I would estimate it would be about 1/2 the steps required to get to G Block.

Hii Angela!

My husband and I stayed in an Deluxe Ocean Veranda in D Block during one of our three stays at CSS. This location may work out the best for the two of you. You will still have some stairs and walking......but it is not as long as if you were staying in G Block. We have also stayed in F & G Blocks. We loved the views and rooms at those locations as well.

Quote Originally Posted by radioop View Post
    This will be our 7th trip to CSS and we have always stayed in a Beachfront room in A or B Block. I booked this upcoming trip late and there are no Beachfront rooms available for the week in May that we can go (nothing at CN or CSA either).
    Only a Deluxe Ocean Veranda, was open which I quickly booked. Now I am having extreme anxiety since the reason we stay in A/B block is because of my husbands bad leg.
    So I have poured and obsessed over pictures, reviewed my own video's, and drove my husband nuts with questions and options.
    It seems from what I can tell is that the Deluxe Ocean Veranda rooms are on D and G block. D block is closer to the lobby and has less stairs than G block. However G block has the better views.
    My husband needs a good view since he stares at the ocean for hours,I obsess more over bathrooms, I need space and I despise tub/shower combo's, I need walk in showers. I know this sounds crazy but we actually spend a lot of time in our room, and it is important to us.
    So we never stayed, "up top" is what I always called it, and rarely went up there. Only to go to the Casanova, or shop.
    I feel like we are going to a new resort. In fact I never walked past the wooden parrot outside the lobby on the street. Where does that go to? Is that the way to G block?
    Should I ask for D block, since there are less stairs, or because he has to go up stairs anyway ask for G block? Or finally should I leave this up to fate?
    I know my fellow Couples friends would understand this dilemma, and why I am so hung up on it. Thank you in advance for any advice, Angela.
    Hi Angela,

We have been to CSS twice and stayed although I too dreaded getting "G Block" now I would want nothing else. Our fav rooms are the 1 bedroom ocean suite w/balconies. Yes past the parrot is G Block and the Hibiscus Cottage. Have you never been up to the Mineral Pool or the hidden hot tup up there? The Grotto, or the Spa area by Charlies Grotto? We loved our romantic strolls back up there taking different routes stopping in the Balloon Bar on our way back up for a nightcap. If your husbands knee starts to act up use the shuttles (you may have to wait a bit, but you are on vacation no hurries no worries). Do not forget they are available.... We had friends in D block and much preferred the G block views.

Enjoy!

Marie
    CN 06, 07
    CSS 08, 10
    CN 4/2013 soon come

Thank-you, I feel like I am going some place new. LOL