Default First trip to a AI resort

The wife and I are making our first trip to an All Inclusive resort this December. After LOTS of reading and researching, I think Couples Negril is the right place for us. We are both in our later 30's and though we both enjoy our alcohol, we like our vacations to be relaxing and not "Wild" (even though we do hit Key West and New Orleans some for wild times). Our beach trips are usually get up around 8:30, shower and eat breakfast, then to the beach no later than 10am. Have some drinks, eat lunch, have some more drinks and leave the beach around sundown. Back to the room, shower, then dinner and drinks, retiring for the evening around 10 or 11. Then repeat that daily. We both hate tan lines so we will be on the AN beach pretty much the entire time.

So here are my questions: Is the new AN bar a full-service bar or is it limited (i.e. does it have everything one of the main bars would have)? Does anyone walk the beach nude or do you have to put something on to do that? What are the times that the sand fleas are out (is it just sun down to sun up)?

Last question, we really aren't overly social people, just kinda like to sit and relax without having to talk to people. Not saying we won't say hello or chat by the bar, but just not the people that go on vacation to make new friends. What's a nice way to tell someone that wants to chat constantly (I have noticed in our travels that nude people like to talk to strangers WAY too much) that we just want to sit there, soak up the sun and relax, quietly?

Wow. 121 views and no answers.

Quote Originally Posted by theja1 View Post
    Maybe everyone read your last paragraph and are just trying to leave you alone?

I've never been to CN so I can't answer your question!

Sorry can't answer the question about the new bar, haven't been.

I can answer the last part though. If you want to be by yourselves, just find a quiet spot away from the bar. Don't worry people will respect you wanting your privacy. I doubt anyone will bother you. We have been to CTI 3 times and have seen couples keep to themselves all week and nobody bothered them. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how different the A/N areas are at a Couples resort than what you have experienced in the past.

Have fun!

CN is a great resort. You will love it.

The new bar at the AN beach was completed and in service when we were there in May. I never got a drink from there so I can not compare choices to the regular beach bar options.

The sand fleas come out at night and after a rain shower.

I have seen couples leave the AN beach area for a walk with the lady topless but she did have her swim bottoms on and the man had shorts or swim pants on. You can walk from the lounging area of the AN beach directly out into the water to swim or float completely nude.

There seems to be plenty of space for couples to have their quiet area or if they choose to gather together to talk and mingle.

theja1, what dates are you going to CN if I might ask?

The AN beach at CN does have a full service bar, opens at 10AM and closes at 5PM, as matter of fact this year a new bar has been put in place. They offer reg flag service as well so you don't even have to leave your chair !! We have visited CN 6 times now and spend our time on the AN beach. Name:  Nude%20Beach%20Bar%201.jpg
Views: 1077
Size:  244.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by michaelg View Post
    Maybe everyone read your last paragraph and are just trying to leave you alone?

I've never been to CN so I can't answer your question!
    I guess that did sound bad. I have just had experiences where people want to come up and want to know your life story and tell you theirs and just will not leave you alone. We will talk while around the bar or chat some, but I go on vacation to relax without being bothered.

I think that you will find that if you engage in conversations with people, then there will always be conversations to be had. If you chose to just enjoy your time with your wife and not socialize, then I would hazard to say that more then likely you will be left to yourselves.

You'll likely get a polite hello here or there, especially when you go up to the bar, but for the most part, If you guys want to be left alone, you will be.

We've been to CTI (Island), CSS (Sunset Beach) and CN (AN beach), and all 3 were the same in that those that wanted a bit more of the social atmosphere found what they were looking for, and those that just wanted to sit in the sun and relax were able to do so without being bothered at all.

As Doncindy noted, If you find a spot off to yourselves, people will respect your privacy and leave you both be.

We will be there Dec 20th to the 25th. Wanted to stay longer, but our work schedules conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris&Denny View Post
    The AN beach at CN does have a full service bar, opens at 10AM and closes at 5PM, as matter of fact this year a new bar has been put in place. They offer reg flag service as well so you don't even have to leave your chair !! We have visited CN 6 times now and spend our time on the AN beach. Name:  Nude%20Beach%20Bar%201.jpg
Views: 1077
Size:  244.0 KB
    Like the new bar!!!!

This will be our first all-inclusive resort vacation also and I have to admit I was feeling nervous reading about all the socializing, especially in the AN areas! It will be my first AN experience, and I have a little bit of social anxiety as it is (even when I know everyone!). Plus we talk to people all the time in our jobs, and have 4 kids, so we're both looking forward to lots of time to focus on each other, without interruption. I'm really glad you asked that question because it helped me as well. I hope you guys have a great time. We aren't going until February and it seems like forever!

We said good morning to people when they arrived and spoke to the odd person at the bar when getting drinks or our food at lunchtime but the rest of the time we just lay on our sunbeds by the pool or floated on our floaties or read our ebooks so like others have said, if you want to talk and join in the games you can, if you don't and just want to relax with your other half then you can.

Lets face it we are all on a hard earned vacation so we should all do what we want to do to relax and not worry what you think others want you to do.

You can be as private or as social as you like. My wife is private and I'm more social. She stays in the chair and reads, and enjoys the weather. I'll socialize at the bar at times. We've had no problems of too much interaction at any of the four resorts. CSS in February, 2014.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by theja1 View Post
    I Just read your post after booking our 2nd trip to CN. We're going for the AN beach and the great time we had last time. My wife and I kept to ourselves for the most part while sunbathing and while others at the AN beach were much more actively social, we never felt like anybody was too chatty. We also felt welcome to join in the socializing, if we wanted to, as everyone was very friendly, but nobody intruded on our quiet, alone time. It's a very nice crowd where you can be as sociable as you desire or as private as you wish.