Default What type of dress shoes for women are suggested for wear at css?

My husband and I will be at css next weekend and after reading the posts about all the stairs and expansive property I was wondering about what type of dress shoes women wear. I know they need to be as comfy as possible but also look nice with the dress clothing. I would like to know what other women are wearing. Also, what type of clothing is worn to the Tues. night beach party. Should I bring something tropical looking for that night? Thanks for your help. We will be there from 10/17-10/23. Hope to see some of you there.

I took Teva type beach shoes with velcro straps (made the mistake of taking flip flops my first time and can't count the number of times DH kept me from falling on my face as I tripped up the stairs but then I am super clumsy). I took wedge sandals for evening - it was a thong type but did not flop too much when I walked - perfect for the gala because no heel to dig into the grass.

I was going to wear nice shorts and a nice t shirt and my beach shoes to the beach party but it was cancelled due to rain.

Amy

I wore dressy wedge sandals for dinner at Casanova and for the gala. Spiky high heels would definitely be a problem. Any casual flat sandal would be great for walking around the resort.

I wore shorts and a nice top for the beachparty. Bob wore a t-shirt and shorts. Very casual.

I did the same as Judy, a dressy wedge sandal for dinner, and flat casual sandals other wise. You don't want to take to many pairs of shoes along. They only take up space in you luggage that can be used for other things.

I think I wore a dressier pair of shorts, and a dressier top for the Beach Party.
    Linda

We will be there the 18-24! Hope to see you there!

I agree with the women who say high heels don't work too well at CSS even though mine were more scared off than pointy. I kept getting my heels caught on all the steps while going up for some reason. Wouldn't have been much of an issue probably other than it rained pretty much every night for the whole week we were there so we're trying to hurry to keep from getting any more soaked & hubby is trying to hold the umbrella over me plus hang onto me so I can get my foot unstuck or find my shoe when it came off ............ it wasn't pretty ...... HA HA. It is also hard to walk on the grass in heels because of all the rain, the ground is a little soft & you sink in. I didn't have any issues with flip flops during the day, though.
    Julie

I concur......I wore a lot of flip flops, but a good low wedge sandal will be great for the evening. I wore capris, sleeveless blouse and dressy flip flops for the beach party. Dont forget the bug spray for your legs/ankles.....sand fleas. We referred to it every night when we got ready as our "perfume." LOL

Steverandlinda...I can't believe that you aren't all over this one LOL
    Kristen

I actually wore high spiky heels, however, I would take them off to walk from dinner to the restaurant and back. LOL. I also clung to DH's arm quite a bit. (which i think he secretly liked.)

During the day, I wore PINK CROCS. (That's for you Kristen.) No Socks. (It's funny, but it's true.)

Vee,
    Your my kind of gal!!! LOL Next time bring your socks to wear with them if you really want to make a fashion statement!!!
    Kristen

Quote Originally Posted by Vee View Post
    I actually wore high spiky heels, however, I would take them off to walk from dinner to the restaurant and back. LOL. I also clung to DH's arm quite a bit. (which i think he secretly liked.)

During the day, I wore PINK CROCS. (That's for you Kristen.) No Socks. (It's funny, but it's true.)
    it didnt happen if there are no pics