Thread: Tim Air

Hybrid View

Default Tim Air

Has anyone ever used Tim Air intead of the shuttle for CSA. It's $105 each and a 14 min flight. Seems like a good way to start the vacation.

Hi MiGreg,
    We did this in October of this year after having taken the bus shuttle the year before. We absolutely loved using TimAir and will definitely do this every year from now on! The time we saved, both ways, was well worth it for us.
    Cheers,
    Terri

we used Tim Air every time in the past before the road was finished. It was a brutal road trip, 2.5 hrs or so

tim air used to be a lot cheaper in those days, we still use them every once in a while but the shuttle is not that bad now and if you can talk the driver into not stopping for potty break and the traffic in Mobay is not bad then you can make it to negril in an hour 10 minutes.

My wife and I have used Timair several time to get to and from CSA and CN. We like it because you get to the resort more quickly on the first day and you can spend more time at the resort on the last day. The price you have quoted appears to be for one person one way. THe price may be four times that amount if youi use Timair both ways for two people.

We started flying via TimAir when Couples paid for a one-way flight as a perk for returning guests (we really miss that perk--hint, hint ). We loved it and continue to fly even though we now have to pay for both flights to get us to Negril and back again to MoBay.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

We took the shuttle when it was run by Air Jamaica and had no problems. The one time we took Tim Air they took off an hour late (we waited in that little Air Port) while they were waiting for a family at beaches that was not ready. We almost did not make our flight - ON Christmas Eve. We had to gate check our luggage. Now that the road is paved the shuttle is not bad.

Default Tim Air to Ocho Rios

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a flight from MoBay to Ocho Rios and how much it is?

Thanks.

Yes, TLB, TimAir flies to Ocho Rios. We flew there in August when we stayed at CSS. The cost for two people round trip from MoBay to Ocho Rios was approximately $800, and the flight was about 30 minutes in duration.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Default TimAir

Thanks for the info Pamela.

We are flying from Ocho CTI to Negril CN in Jan.
    I was quoted $622 for one way. We will most likely take the shuttle from Negril to Mobay since is only about an hour bus ride.

Default Question for Ekim 4761

What date are you flying from CTI to CN in January? We are looking into a flight on Jan 22, and wonder if the price will be lower if another couple takes the same plane?

langrila
    We are flying into Negril one way on the Sunday the 24th of Jan. I have a call into TimAir to see what the differance would be if we add more people to the flight.
    Looks like the date may not work for you. Buuuttt.......If anyone else is interested please let me know

Default Thanks!

Thanks for all the responses. I reserved a flight to the resort and if it works out, will probably take Timair back as well. Is it a problem to get a cab at Negril airport to go to CSA and about how much should we expect to pay??

Quote Originally Posted by MiGreg View Post
    Thanks for all the responses. I reserved a flight to the resort and if it works out, will probably take Timair back as well. Is it a problem to get a cab at Negril airport to go to CSA and about how much should we expect to pay??
    There are cabs at the Negril Aerodrome- the same 2 usually as far as I can tell. $5-$15 I'd say to CSA, personal generosity depending.

Also, for your return flight... recommend booking 1-2 days before your return. They may not accommodate you if you wait until the last day. Also, you may get a slight discount if you book round trip.